Model Cars Magazine Forum

what does everyone do for a living?

dwayne4385

Information Technology Project Manager for large IT company. Retired after 36 years and went back again as a contractor. Entering my 4th year as a contractor. 40 Years with the same company!

What the heck is wrong with me? :blink:

Information Technology Project Manager for large IT company. Retired after 36 years and went back again as a contractor. Entering my 4th year as a contractor. 40 Years with the same company!

What the heck is wrong with me? :blink:

Nothing, you're just "Old School" My dad was a purchasing agent for the Gulf Oil company for 40 years. Started in the mail room during the Great Depression.

Dale

Unemployed (10 weeks now and still going) RF Electronics technician.

Laid off by my former employer September 26th.

I think I am seeing alot of age discrimination so far. I am 54, almost 20 years of RF experience plus 6 years Navy and an associates degree. wondering if I should take off about half of my experience on my resume. I always used to get calls when I would submit a resume, now I don't even get "no thank you's". :angry:

Oh, well. I have an interview next week for a crappy one year contract job. Not what I want, but right now I can't be choosy.

Russ

Engineer on a Great Lakes freighter- good money but a lot of time away from home

My workplace and home away from home:

Calumet-5-15-12-BCM-02.jpg

One of my Uncles was a ship's welder on freighters in the Great Lakes. Now thats an Old School job. Robot welders can build these things but they can't fix them on the fly.

Dale

Randy curiously enough there are lots of job opportunities here in the desert for certified divers. We have two major aquariums, two large fountains, one humungous fountain in a man made lake and several lake side communities that require constant maintanence.

G

I share a job title with these two...

clerks-vi.jpg

Interesting story, I used to stand behind that very same counter! Back around 1978, I worked in that same store that Kevin Smith later used for the movie "Clerks". Back then it was a Cumberland Farms store, and it's in Leonardo, NJ. Kevin is the local hero now, he grew up in Belford, NJ in the same neighborhood as my wife, only he's much younger than us. And he has always used a bunch of local scenes in his movies, and of course we all know exactly where they are!

Edited by Tom Geiger

I'm a Culinary Arts student, who was a printer for 30 years until the bottom fell out of the printing industry back in 2010. Since I'm in school, my disposable income is near zero and my kit buying is down to one every 4 or 5 months. Once school is finished in January, and I find a job I'm going to go on a kit binge with my first pay cheque.

I am a narrow web flexographic pressman.

kitbash1, what kind of printing did you do?