Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 5 window Rat rod

HondaRacer1124

Wow! I'm brand new here and I'd love to know how you went about getting the rims and body to look that weathered.

I just love rat rods and I didn't know you could achieve that look with a plastic model kit. Is there an area on the forum that can teach me how to do that?

Wow! I'm brand new here and I'd love to know how you went about getting the rims and body to look that weathered.

I just love rat rods and I didn't know you could achieve that look with a plastic model kit. Is there an area on the forum that can teach me how to do that?

Seek out Dr. Crankys videos on you tube, he is my insperation. Also try and find AK Interactive magazine, its available for download. There is no rules, so your canvas is wide open, I think the replica stock guys have it the hardest.

Love it! From your screen name, though, I expected to see a VTEC engine in it. :D

Oh you got me thinking.......

Seek out Dr. Crankys videos on you tube, he is my insperation. Also try and find AK Interactive magazine, its available for download. There is no rules, so your canvas is wide open, I think the replica stock guys have it the hardest.

Thanks Eric, I'll give his videos a look and I'll search for that magazine online too.

Edited by Route 66

Love it, Eric. Wonderful rust and weathering, and all the great details help the viewer move around the model. What kind of grill mesh is that?

Thanks for all your help and kind words. So the grill is a earing from about 1990 in my " that's something I sould hang onto bin". Always pays to raid the clearance bins.

100_5468-th.jpg