Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's what I have been working on recently. I started this in keeping with the mood of season.

DSCF4605_zpse8c8c225.jpg

This is the ancient Polar Lights kit that has been lying untouched for at least 10 years. The fit was so bad the horse and rider are at least 30% styrene rod and putty. I believe this was a snap kit in it's first iteration.

DSCF4606_zps84eb5955.jpg

DSCF4607_zps2c8730f2.jpg

The kit cape and cowl were huge thick moldings that I just didn't like. A few minutes with a wood dowel and some pie tin aluminum gave me a viable alternative.

DSCF4615_zps3705bcbc.jpg

DSCF4616_zps589ab03e.jpg

G

Thank you all!

Danno I've been accused of being a a lot of things, but multicultural is a first!

George as of now nothing is in his hand. It will be a battleaxe though when the paint dries. :lol:

This is the Polar Lights repop retooled to represent the horseman in the '99 Tim Burton movie.

G

Edited by Agent G

Now this is raw talent!!! This is modeling at its best right here! Figure painting takes a lot of skill to get the shades and blending of paint, shadows and make it all look realistic. I'm Liking the paint, the theme, the imagination and skill required to put something like this together and make it look this good. Awesome work Wayne!!! You da man!!!

Edited by mustang1989

Ok well, he wasn't quite done for Halloween as my health issues interfered again. I also took a nice road trip to Phoenix, Arizona with my wife and grandchildren Saturday for the local IPMS show. Good times but the horseman sat at home unfinished.

Good news, I had the morning to myself so he rides again!

DSCF4617_zps23777479.jpg

DSCF4618_zps6d589041.jpg

DSCF4619_zps02587d79.jpg

DSCF4620_zps56ce344c.jpg

DSCF4621_zps861a75d0.jpg

DSCF4622_zpsfd2b88ca.jpg

DSCF4624_zps89c3d56a.jpg

G