Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any mopar guru`s here? (71 Cuda)

Hey.

Working on Revell 71 Hemi Cuda and have used internet some to try find referance photos.

Thing is,it got me very confused because some cars have plated bumpers,other again have

body color bumpers. Then there is the shaker,some have black,some have dark grey. Some

cars have body color grill except for air-intake,other have the whole area including around the

headlights grey. Then there is the wing,some have it and some dont. Also for the area at the

rear panel around the taillights,some have flat black,some have grey.

Are these diffrences based on options from factory since some are hight end actuion cars? :unsure:

Hey.

71 Hemi Cuda

some cars have plated bumpers,other again have

body color bumpers. Factory Option

Then there is the shaker,some have black,some have dark grey.

Some

cars have body color grill except for air-intake,other have the whole area including around the

headlights grey. Factory Option

Then there is the wing,some have it and some dont. Factory Option

Also for the area at the

Those I'm 100% sure of. The others I'm not sure of, I'm a C Body Plymouth guy not an E Body, I'm sure someone else will have the answers for the others

Steel bumpers were chrome

Optional were rubber coated bumpers in body color, some colors it also required a body colored grille as well

Shaker bubble on a 1971 SHOULD be dark argent ( looks black ) , BUT I believe some slipped thru with a light argent color, NO body color shaker was avail on a 1971 ( thats an early 1970 thing )

The 2 inlet grilles themselves on a shaker bubble should always be black regardless of year or shaker color

Decklid mounted spoiler was optional ( ONLY avail in black btw )

Rear panel between the tail lights is body color on a 1971 barracuda,

Silver argent on a Barracuda ' Gran Coupe '.

Black only on a ' Cuda '

Hey.

Working on Revell 71 Hemi Cuda and have used internet some to try find referance photos.

Thing is,it got me very confused because some cars have plated bumpers,other again have

body color bumpers. Then there is the shaker,some have black,some have dark grey. Some

headlights grey. Then there is the wing,some have it and some dont. Also for the area at the

Are these diffrences based on options from factory since some are hight end actuion cars? :unsure:

Something else to consider. The Elastometric bumpers were only available in a few of the colors that were offered and could have been ordered as both F&R or just the front in body color and the rear chrome.

The grille was similar to the bumpers, only a few of the factory colors were offered for the painted grilles, the argent silver was standard with all colors.

The Shaker scoop should also be dark argent silver, light argent was 1970. Red was the only body color that was ever used on the Shaker and that too was in 1970 only.

Lot`s of good info and great link,thanks.

I noticed some of these have white Shaker with black color for air intakes.

Since i have white decals,white interiour,i hope it would not be all wrong

having the shaker white? Going to drop the trunk spoiler.

"Since i never will get it perfect i wanted to at least try make it look stock"

Well then, here is your chance to start a trend. Build the car as IN correct as possible ( you know, put a shaker hood on a six cylinder car etc.) that will give the folks plenty to chortle about. :D

If you're so inclined , you may want to change the following parts in your HemiCuda kit :

1.) Add a Dana 60 rear axle . All 440 , 440+6 and 426 Hemi cars , from 1966-1971 , had this axle behind its 4 speed transmissions .

2.) Replace the kit's 4-speed transmission with a TorqueFlite . The 8.75" axle was standard (with maybe one exception) when the automatic transmission was ordered . The only way to get a TorqueFlite / Dana 60 combination was to order the "Super Track Pak" [sic] .

fellow forum member 440 Dakota provided a link to thee definitive vintage Chrysler archives ( Hamtramck Historical 1970 Registry ) . Original brochures , catalogues , TSB's , etc. , are to be found on that excellent site !

Above all , have fun :) :) :) :)