Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 Cadillac Brougham Hearse

Slapped this one together in a matter of three weeks. I started with the Revell Custom Lowrider kit. I stretched it 30 scale inches and then converted it to a hearse

This was a fun, low detail build just because it was October and I wanted to do something for Halloween.

Picture011-vi.jpg

Picture012-vi.jpg

Picture013-vi.jpg

Picture016-vi.jpg

Picture017-vi.jpg

And here's what's under all that paint and chrome:

Picture002-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

LOW detail???

Ron, you don't do low-detail.

That looks fantastic. That's one if it were offered in resin would probably be a very good seller. I'm seriously considering giving this a try myself.

I can see a light blue coach on Federal Hill now....

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie but, there are no plug wires in this, no driveshaft and the interior is empty behind the front seat. It's kind of a semi-curbside. It looks good enough for the shelf though!

That is a super job on the hearse, Ron. The re-styling, details and workmanship is great.

Personally, that is one model that cannot be in my collection, as I have a very religious wife. When I was a kid(mid 1960's), most of my buddies built model cars. A friend of mine built a beautiful JoHan '66 Cadillac hearse. When he showed it to his mother, she shreaked something in Spanish, grabbed the model, and threw it out into the street, breaking it into pieces. After she had composed herself, she apologized for her actions, hugged her son, and gave him some cash to get another model to build. Needless to say, he never built another hearse model.

I woonder how it would look as a limo????

That is a super job on the hearse, Ron. The re-styling, details and workmanship is great.

Personally, that is one model that cannot be in my collection, as I have a very religious wife. When I was a kid(mid 1960's), most of my buddies built model cars. A friend of mine built a beautiful JoHan '66 Cadillac hearse. When he showed it to his mother, she shreaked something in Spanish, grabbed the model, and threw it out into the street, breaking it into pieces. After she had composed herself, she apologized for her actions, hugged her son, and gave him some cash to get another model to build. Needless to say, he never built another hearse model.

I woonder how it would look as a limo????

Ron,

As I was working on this I eyed it up as a limo. The Limo conversion would be even easier as you would not need to raise the roof or create the rear cargo door. Just cut two bodies in half and then glue them back together. Should be easy for a skilled guy like you!!

Ron