Model Cars Magazine Forum
Erik Smith

Lindberg 1/32 70's Kits

Not the most accurate looking models but they did pick some overlooked vehicles to tool up. I just wonder why they couldn't get them more precise, I remember the Monogram bodies being closer to the 1:1 they were modeled after.

The Lindberg models were of better quality than Palmer models, but not nearly as good as the AMT and Revell kits of the same scale.  They did some interesting cars, and it's a shame they weren't done by AMT and MPC at that time.  

Been looking for a Cordoba for a while to do one up like a friends car. They do pop up on the bay but always go for more than I am willing to pay.

I have been actively hunting for this one for a few years now.

78 Thunderbird was my first car, and I MUST build a replica.

1978-ford-thunderbird-32-model-kit_1_cd1a805054b543c089d6434a54fde9f5.jpg.4269a90e93902140d8570789d61d8e39.jpg

I would say some of those weren't even 1/32 as some of the guys I slot race with bought them for the bodies. They came out to around 1/35th? (or smaller) Kinda obvious when a correctly scaled GT-40 or Ferrari dwarfed them. 

I just checked the '72 El Camino.  Both front fenders have deep sink marks just behind the parking lights.  It also has a '73 El Camino rear bumper with the built-in taillights!  The tires and wheels are way larger than they should be, but the body proportions are pretty good.  The wheelbase is about 2 25/32", length 5", width 1 7/8".  The real dimensions are: 116" wheelbase, length 206.8", width 75.4".  I was shocked at how small it is.  The scale is roughly 1/41. 

No surprise that I want all the LIndies that are crappy '70s mobiles! 

C'mon Round 2 - you gotta help us out with this one! 

That Monarch above = PURE LOVE!!!

I agree, Adam, they need to come back.  I'll be looking forward to your reviews.  

Those white "flames" really accentuate the body lines and complement the black top and interior! 😵

On 11/30/2019 at 4:43 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I have been actively hunting for this one for a few years now.

78 Thunderbird was my first car, and I MUST build a replica.

1978-ford-thunderbird-32-model-kit_1_cd1a805054b543c089d6434a54fde9f5.jpg.4269a90e93902140d8570789d61d8e39.jpg

We need this in 1/25 scale along with the LTD II Sport

1 hour ago, Sledsel said:

We need this in 1/25 scale along with the LTD II Sport

If you have some funds available, and you are willing to bid on eBay (when these kits are ready), you can own one.  I would love to get my hands on one too (I owned a '77 T-Bird).

NEO also made a built-up 1:43 resin model of a '79.

1-43-neo-ford-thunderbird-44782-31.jpg

Edited by peteski