Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, I finally bit the bullet.......

I've been lurking here for a loooong time and figured I should identify myself.

Started modelling in the 50's, continued into the 70's, dabbled sporadically in the 80's and 90's helping my boys get a little education on a hand held version of cars. They did well.

I really restarted in the early 00's and have been building since. Joined a now defunct modelers' group in Gardner-hey MA, but no other affiliation. I have competed at shows nearby and have gotten recognition, but I am by no means at the level that a lot of you are.

I am always impressed by the caliber of talent here and I try to incorporate what I learn in my building. Many builds started and on hold, many more percolating in my head. Maybe I will be inspired to get my rump in gear and finish some. Maybe I'll even be happy with one (not likely) :wacko:

Gardner...one of my favorite little cities. Welcome aboard, Pat. I have several friends who belong to Hope Lodge (Masons) and a few friends from my days at Fitchburg State College (it's not a "university," I don't care what they want to call it now).

Classic Plastic in Lowell is a convenient club for you. One of their members lives in Templeton (East Templeton, specifically, I believe), and you could probably arrange a car-pool.

You're also welcome to check out MassCar, to which I belong. I'll send you a private-message with details if you'd like.

Charlie Larkin

Hey all, Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome! I hope to converse with each of you eventually.

Curtis, I have posted in Under Glass and On The Bench (with more to come).

Charlie, I actually live in Fitchburg - and watch what you say about Fitchburg State - my son and nephew are both going there......lol! I have won a couple of contests at Classic Plastic's fall shows and like their presentation and judges (courteous and helpful)very much. My orange '29 A Bomb (in Under Glass)was the poster child on an online recount of their show coverage some years ago, so some people liked it. I have also been to MassCar's shows, but did not compete. Thanks for the info.

Pat