Model Cars Magazine Forum

In the beginning there was a Ford 32 B400, but now its more

oldschool

Hi Folks

Have not posted anything here for a long time and would like to make a change on that here. I´ll started to work on a B400 early this summer and a spare roadster body was cut down after the door lines. I used plastic card 3mm for new sides and used pieces of a Jaguar front fenders for the curved end off the new body style.

IMAG0278.jpg

Plastic card was used to make the new sides with windows. I sandwished an 2,5 mm and an 3,5 mm. I´ll made the windows smaller on the inner card than the outer card to get that profile around the windows.

011.jpg

The ground for this build is a Flintstone 25-scale Hot rod body so I cant go stock with this build but that's fine with me do I´m more off a rodder..

020.jpg

The roof section comes from the new Tub kit and was cut down to fit. And with some plastic card the roof was fixed so for the moment there´s a lots off sanding and checking the angles.

001_zpsc8e5cc6a.jpg

004_zpsbb25345f.jpg

hope u like it

LarsaQ

Edited by oldschool

Did you use The Jag fender parts to build the rear end of the body? (not the fender of your car) If so, it look verry good.

Jimmy Flinstone is a very good body designer.... it's bad that he don't do 1:16 and 1:8

Hi

Yep the Flintstone i darn nice and I´ll sell this 25 scale body when I´m done with it. I used a rounded section from the headlights and back from the front of the Jaguar fenders for the curved back quarters. My sample of the Jag was coloured yellow, you can see the back corners off the body in this pic where the primer is sanded off.

011_zps35f73b5f.jpg

Here´s what's left off the fender. I did this so I had the same curvature on both corner.

010_zps7725fa85.jpg

LarsaQ

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks

Still working on the B400 body and now the roof is almost finish just some detail to fix in the rear end where the body meets the fuel tank. So, next thing will be a thin coat off primer and a windshield frame will be made from plastic card.

027_zps719cfdba.jpg

026_zps3c48f4b2.jpg

025_zps91859f82.jpg

Regards

LarsaQ

that rod will look very good, keep posting progress ;)

What type of engine will you put in?

Hi

I´m not sure yet but thinking the Ford engine from Lindbergs Tall -T with a new intake manifold, four barell. Have to fix the manifold myself, having no idea if there´s one on the market.

Regards

Larsa

I just spent about an hour drooling over the TDR stuff. Do they use styrene or resin at all?

It sounds like it's a nylon type of plastic.

I'm sorry oldscool do have pollute your topic, your engine choice sound's very good. Pharoah, forget the styrene glue for TDR parts, you will need super glue or epoxy.

Edited by midengineaddict

No problems at all

Just got some primer on the body this day and I´m pleased to see that there´s just not to much to fix from this stage so my attention will go to the frame for the moment and let the body rest for some days. Hope u like it.

6f75ad68-63d2-4d96-9778-f445d9f3ff82_zps

092ba79b-df51-4a84-a009-c37d5b8deb5c_zps

037_zpsf9bb1260.jpg

LarsaQ

• 3 weeks later...