Revell new tool 57 Ford Ranchero

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Emailed Revell about all the rumors, here is the reply...

Hi,

Sorry, we cannot confirm any rumors. You will just have to stay tuned.

Regards,
Ed Sexton
Revell Inc.

They did not deny anything either....

Posted (edited) · Report post

I received a similar reply from Ed Saxton several months ago when I inquired about Revell possibly kitting the '57 Ranchero & a '57 Ford 2 door wagon. hmmm. . .Here's hoping for either body style, but if they did one of them, the other would not be that difficult to do, as they share so many of the same parts.

Frankly, I was pleased to receive a personal reply from Ed, and suggest that other modelers also contact him w/ their wish list(s). Revell seems to be listening to us modelers, thankfully!

Edited by buffalobill

Posted · Report post

The way that's worded, sounds like good news to me!

Posted · Report post

Oh man...a Ranchero and a Wagon...that would be just too much to hope for.

Posted · Report post

Yes Bill, think of the possibilities :wacko::rolleyes:B) .......................

Posted · Report post

Yes Bill, think of the possibilities :wacko::rolleyes:B) .......................

I'd HAVE to force myself to learn to handle BMF, for one thing...

Posted · Report post

99.9% sure they'll do a Ranch Wagon. Just get a feeling... ;) Not as sure about a Ranchero, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Posted · Report post

Much rather have the wagon...

Posted · Report post

Both!!!

Posted · Report post

See now, I'da guessed the Ranchero to have the broader appeal...

but eh, what do I know. Sign me up for greedy acquisitions of either or both. :)

Posted · Report post

Check out what the original, un-chopped release(s) of Revell's multi-piece bodied '57 Rancheros are selling for on evilBay. . .Then consider how inaccurate that kit is, as it was based on Revell's even older Country Squir'se tooling. I think that the Ranchero would sell extremely well, but I'd be just about as happy if they did a 2 door wagon instead.

Back in the day, the 1:1 '57 Ranchero was a popular vehicle w/ customizers, and the best I ever saw was built by the late Dick Dean - perhaps, best known for chopping more '49-'51 Mercs than anyone else. He built himself an extended-cab red & white '57 Ranchero that could have rolled straight off of a Dearborn assembly line; it looked that well proportioned, and Ford probably would have sold a ton of them if it had been an option in '57.

Posted · Report post

See now, I'da guessed the Ranchero to have the broader appeal...

but eh, what do I know. Sign me up for greedy acquisitions of either or both. :)

Long roofs are the shizzle now, well, they've been gaining momentum for a few years.

Posted · Report post

99.9% sure they'll do a Ranch Wagon. Just get a feeling... ;) Not as sure about a Ranchero, but I wouldn't rule it out.

It's not nice to tease, Brett. :angry::lol::P

Which one?:

ford-ranch-wagon-parts.jpg

kelty_.jpg

AUT-21-BK0053-01P.JPG

Who am I kidding, any would be fine...but I'd vote for #3. ^_^

Technically, the new '57 Ford 300 already has already spawned two variants, so a Ranchero, Ranch Wagon, and Country Squire are probably (hopefully) all still in play. This could go on for a decade, and I kinda hope it does. ;)

Oh, I see where you're going with this now, and Revell even has the wheels for this one in the '62 Vette kit:

FL0113-143053_3.jpg?lastmod=121312105711

Posted · Report post

Interesting..3 different types of side chrome trim...3 trim levels, I presume

Posted · Report post

99.9% sure they'll do a Ranch Wagon.

Now I get it...

bobbales.jpg

57greenwgn2.jpg

7100-07-jpg.jpg

Posted · Report post

THAT is TOO cool, Casey!

Posted · Report post

I would take ANY of those. I think most of you saw what I did with my first 57 so I am sure I could do these up!

Posted · Report post

Now I get it...

bobbales.jpg

So I gotta thing for Junior Stockers... That's why I want a Chevy Handyman as well.

There will be more kits based on the 57 Ford tooling, you can take that to the bank!

Posted · Report post

So I gotta thing for Junior Stockers...

You got it bad. :lol::D

There will be more kits based on the 57 Ford tooling, you can take that to the bank!

Your boldest prediction yet! :P I'm thinking something along the lines of what Revell has done with their Chevy Tri-Five series, though maybe not twenty years in length. The Ranchero and Country Squire seem like obvious potential versions to me, but maybe a Fairlane 500, both in hardtop and retractable hardtop versions, too?

57-Ford_Fairlane_Skyliner_DV-08-CC_07.jp

Revell couldn't possibly leave the uptop out of the kit with this one. :P

Posted · Report post

Interesting..3 different types of side chrome trim...3 trim levels, I presume

The ones with the swoopy side trim are known as a Del Rio Ranch Wagon, Ford's answer to the Nomad. Only made in 57 and 58. I believe the extra gold-anodized panel was an option, and not indicative of trim level.

Posted · Report post

I buy a case of the wagons!!!!! we need more wagons!!!!

Posted · Report post

Wagons are cool.....Wagonrod's are even better !!! ;)

Posted · Report post

The Del Rio had the Anodized Piece.

The Ranchero came in Two trim level's

Base level No side trim, Deluxe had the Single Full length Chrome.

The Del Rio added the Anodized piece and upper trim, And most of the

Fairlane 500 options that would fit.

One thing about getting a Fairlane 500, or even Fairlane Victoria out of this kit.

The Base level Custom & Custom 300 are shorter, and have a Shorter wheel base

than the Fairlane & 500!!!

Only the Chrome & Engine would carry over. Everything else would have to be

replaced, including Chassis frame!

Yes I would Love to see the Skyliner offered, As well as a Fairlane 500 Sunliner, and the 'Squire!!

Posted · Report post

How 'bout a Meteor? B)

57metrnch1_zps93b2496f.jpg

mike

Posted · Report post

The '57 Ford Custom (as is Revell's kit), both 2 & 4 door wagons, and the Ranchero shared the same 116" wheelbase, while the Fairlane and Fairlane 500s, incl the retractable, had a 118" wheelbase. The Rancheros & wagons shared much under their exterior sheet metal, incl the wagon's floor that was also use under the Ranchero, as the pickup bed sat on top of the that sheet metal floorl. The Ranchero had a spare tire was inside the cab and mounted behind the passenger seat.

It seems that if Revell did either a Ranchero or a 2 door wagon, they could both utilize a considerable number of the '57 Custom tudor sedans pieces for both a Ranchero and a wagon. They could also do a Custom 300 tudor sedan version of the current kit, as the main differences would be the side trim, and a need for upgraded seats & interior side panels.

Something that I'm not sure of is whether Ford offered more than 2 trim levels on the Ranchero in '57. . .I've see them w/out any side trim - not even the short piece found on the Custom tudor sedan. And, I've also seen them w/ the same piece of side trim that's on the Custom tudor (as in the Revell kit). And, I've seen them w/ the long single sweeping piece that runs front to back - that seems to be the most common trim level produced. However, I also have seen more than a few w/ the anodized trim piece above that front to back piece; exactly as found on Custom 300 sedans and on the Del Rio wagons.. Could that have been a dealer installed option, as I haven't found a reference to it in any '57 Ford brochures?