Model Cars Magazine Forum

Massachusetts State Police '46 Chevy Aerosedan

Rdkingjay

Hello gents,

This is a Galaxy Limited 46-48 Chevy Aerosedan, that has been built to replicate the '46 version. Aside from hollowing out the tailpipe and adding real front springs, the chassis is right from the box. For the interior, I flocked the floor and rear parcel shelf. The dash and door edges were sprayed dark brown then lightly airbrushed with flat black, then cleared, to simulate the simulated wood grain found in cars of this era. The colors were chosen based on colors I saw in our own 1:1 '40 Ford.

Painting was a snap, with the only taping being between the main body shell and rear fenders. The inner rear fender liners are light blue, because they are originally part of the main body shell. The front fenders are a separate piece. Although it is hard to see because the frame rails hide the fade, I over-sprayed the floor pan with light blue. The side trim running the length of the car, as well as the smaller piece under the windows is actually strip styrene. The engine got many details with a scratch built dip stick, fuel and vacuum line, spark and ignition wires and heater hoses.

014-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

018-vi.jpg

011-vi.jpg

013-vi.jpg

Edited by Rdkingjay