Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many use the View New Content routinely.

Mike Kucaba

I had never clicked on it before this. Much easier to look all WIP Threads at once, then move on to Under Glass, then Car Kit Reviews and Drag Racing models etc. I prefer seeing all same type of topics at once rather seeing one here and there.

Edited by W-409

I will view the board two ways. First the "View New Content" button is the best way to see what's happened since you last read the board.

The other good search is to click on your name in the upper right hand and a pull down menu will appear. You can click on "My Content". Everything that you've commented on will appear. To take it a step further, once at this page, look at the left column. "See This Members.." and you will see that "Topics and Posts" is the default that you are looking at. To see threads you started just click on "Topics". I use this to find my build threads when I want to update and add to them.

I'll bet some folks don't realize that when you are looking at the list of threads, those you've commented are have a star rather than a dot. I'd like to see that go a bit further and differentiate between those I've read and ones that are all new to me. Maybe another style dot?

I'd even like a "New Today" box so I could see any thread started in the last 24 hrs.

The big problem with this board is that there is no good tutorial, and the software isn't all that intuitive. I'm pretty good with computers and the internet and I spent some time fishing around before I figured out the best ways to view the board. At first, especially if you didn't come to the board every day, I found it daunting to go from category to category and clicking on threads. I'd find myself reading posts I had already read. I'll bet people just give up.

Edited by Tom Geiger

I'd even like a "New Today" box so I could see any thread started in the last 24 hrs.

When you are looking at the new content, there is a menu on the left that will allow you to select posts since last visit, last 24 hours, or several time periods all the way out to the last year. There are a lot of options there.

The View New Content is the only way I browse the forums.

First the "View New Content" button is the best way to see what's happened since you last read the board.

It's there, too, Tom.

Click "New Content" then adjust your settings in the left column. You can go with "Since my Last Visit" or "Past 24 Hours" or "Content I Have Not Read." You can even select "Just Items I Follow" or even "Filter by Forum."

Yep, "New Content" will do just about anything you want it to do!