Model Cars Magazine Forum

VANMAN - Corvettewagon

hobbybobby

I always loved the idea, to make from a Corvette a wagonversion.

I decided to make a a four-seater Sport Touring, with a combination of old, new and own lines and facets, as well as technical solutions.

The origin is a `75 corvette convertible, new scratchbuilt roof, with the rear of a Corvette C5 and a rear spoiler of a Ferrari F50, the widening parts are from the 1988 mpc "Ghost Rider Corvette Road Racer" model kit, a little modified...

Filling, sanding, filling, sanding...

The final assembly of the components was a very annoying game, somehow, some parts not fit together anymore, and had to be reworked...

Finally I have finished this long project...

Here are the pics, hope, you like it.

003.jpg

004.jpg

001-1.jpg

023.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

Wild! And not bad looking either.

My only criticism (of the design, not the model) would be the too-high outlaw hood with a too-low roof would make forward visibility nearly non-existent. But the overall styling is pretty good.

Edited by Danno

Thank you very much for the kind words! B)

Wild! And not bad looking either.

My only criticism (of the design, not the model) would be the too-high outlaw hood with a too-low roof would make forward visibility nearly non-existent. But the overall styling is pretty good.

Well, who knows me and my builds otherwise, knows that I have built much more extreme vehicles, in some, one then wonders how it ever takes place, and some have so big engines with multiple blowers that you fortiori, can not see the own front... ;)

From this bent body, (I would not restore it anyway...) I have taken the rear part...

SwapContest-DansBox009.jpg

I was not happy with the rear part of this bodybash before.

And exactly that, was even right for this project.

So I cut the tail and planted it there.

The rear spoiler of a Ferrari F50 came to the mission, whose body, dismembered, was also somewhere around... ;)

And so it looks, at the beginning:

PartsPics027.jpg

PartsPics029.jpg