Vette Agin...Update 11-18

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've started another Corvette project, this time it's the Revell "Vette Agin" kit. so far I've Z'd the frame, added aluminum wheels, rear 4 link suspension, Mustang II style front suspension, and I'm working on a twin turbo LS7 and airbag suspension for it. The color will be HOK Sunrise Pearl with gunmetal trim.

101_3180_zps2c272cca.jpg

101_3183_zps09157fe1.jpg

101_3174_zpse66f0395.jpg

101_3175_zps56b2a846.jpg

101_3184_zpsc700f0cd.jpg

101_3177_zpsf13bece7.jpg

thanks for looking, all input is welcome!

Billy

Edited by BKcustoms

Posted · Report post

You're off to a great start, should be a interesting build......I love the low stance. Looking forward to more.

Posted · Report post

Wow...looks good already... keep up the good work

Posted · Report post

I always wondered why this kit never went over so well. I think that this is only the second build of it that I have seen. Yours is looking great so far.

Later-

Posted · Report post

Nice one........ the suspension and engine looks awesome.......... B)

Posted · Report post

Great looking project and awsume stance and wheels..

Posted · Report post

That's one of my all time favorite later releases. Your suspension mods really get it down. Built out of the box it sits too high(at least mine did) Good work so far. Did you machine the front/rear suspension?

Posted · Report post

Wonderful start. Where did you score those wheels?

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys! I'm working on the floor right now, I should have an update. in the morning.

Tom, I've wondered the same thing. I personally think it's a great kit.

Mike, the front suspension is AMT Phantom Vickie control arms with scratchbuilt spindles made out of aluminum tubing and the rear suspension is aluminum tubing with dirtmodeler rod ends and brackets.

Posted · Report post

Wonderful start. Where did you score those wheels?

Thanks Jim! I got the wheels from a vendor at a local contest. I think they are made by a comlany called JPSpro but I'm not 100% sure.

Posted · Report post

Whoa ! Thats going to be cool.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Ray! Here's a small update, since I Z'd the frame in the back the floor no longer fit so I built a new floor section in the rear.

101_3185_zps10ffb5cb.jpg

Posted · Report post

This kit has peaked my interest a time or two. The only slight change I think I'd make to the bodywork would be to lose the side pipes. To my eye they have always looked like an afterthought, albeit a well blended and executed afterthought, losing them would tighten up and smooth the flow of the lower body. Doing so might make routing an exhaust system somewhat of a pain in the end it might be worth the work to the eye, bring the retro-mod look a little ,ore up to date.

Impressed with what you are doing with this build, looks great in the weeds with a pro-touring stance.

Posted · Report post

Wow, nice build so far!

Posted · Report post

Nice work! I like what you've done for the stance. It makes it look a lot better!

Posted · Report post

That looks great Billy!

Posted · Report post

I like! That 4 link blows mine away. Very nice work, so far. Where did you source the LS-7 from? I'm looking for a good example for an up coming build.

Posted · Report post

Excellent start Billy, this should be interesting!! :D

Posted · Report post

Looks like you have a great start on it!!!

Posted · Report post

Nice work so far Billy! I think ditching the side pipe covers would really clean up the body.

Posted · Report post

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your feedback. The side pipes will be staying but I have an idea that will make them look a lot better.

Johann, the engine I'm using is from the Revell 2010 Camaro kit (which is actually an L99) but all the LS engines are pretty much iidentical on the outside so I'm calling it an LS7. This engine can also be found in the 2002 Camaro kit with a manual transmission and in the C6 and Z06 kits with a rear mounted transaxle.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Beautiful work and very nice stance. I'd love to know more about the detail and bracketry for the rear suspension and the the front suspension mountings work. Very nice fabrication! Do you have any more pictures, especially of the rear area. I'm unfamiliar with "dirtmodeler" parts(?).

Edited by Bernard Kron

Posted · Report post

I've always intended to actually build one of the half dozen or so that I robbed the tires & wheels out of, but I was gong to separate the front fenders & hood assembly at the line just above the side scoops to make it more like the C-3 'Vettes.

Posted · Report post

Killer work so far...

Posted · Report post

I just talked to Zora and told him about your build…..he said…."Keep Going!!!!!"