Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell FIA Cobra CSX2323

Dave B

I have always wanted to build the Gurney Targa Florio Cobra. I could have bought either the Model Factory Hiro (expensive) or Historic Racing Miniatures (long wait) kits but once again really wanted to use the 60's Revell slot car body. The opportunity came up a couple of months ago when I actually won, for a change, a reasonable Revell slot car on E-bay for a FAIR price. Using a spare AMT 289 & Monogram 427 I set to work. Chassis, suspension & interior is from the AMT 289 but widened & lengthened. All the outer body bits are Monogram. Motor is Monogram Mustang. Dashboard, suitcase bumps and extractors are scratchbuilt, wheels I cast from my Gunze Sanyo Daytona coupe, Weber trumpesy are shoe eyelets a mate found for me

IMG_3969_zps99a2d104.jpg

IMG_3970_zps7ab4ea62.jpg

IMG_3971_zps0b89b803.jpg

IMG_3972_zps46f1d300.jpg

Couple of more pics to follow, Thanks for looking

Dave B

Beautiful model of Gurney's Cobra !!

What paint did you use ?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

Bob, I used auto acrylic, just went to the local paint shop & asked for 100ml of Viking Blue.

Phil, hard to guess it is your favourite Cobra!!!

Tks

Dave B

Wonderful build. I've been TRYING to get a Revell FIA slot body recently, but they've all gone for stupid money on evilbay. I did score a pair of Lindberg 1/24th Daytona Coupe kits though. Just found the proper wheels for it today completely by accident.....

Wonderful build. I've been TRYING to get a Revell FIA slot body recently, but they've all gone for stupid money on evilbay. I did score a pair of Lindberg 1/24th Daytona Coupe kits though. Just found the proper wheels for it today completely by accident.....

Tks Guys,

Jim, perserve with getting one on e-bay. I did. I paid around USD50 for it as a complete slot car, good condition, no windscreen though. I did notice a resin body, cast from a Revell I think, up there the other week & it went for around USD115, ridiculous

Dave B

There has been one seller, over the past month has had at least four original body kits in boxes. I think he found a stash somewhere and is putting his kid through college with the proceeds! I have one that was used on a slot car and it's pretty badly heat distorted.