Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Ford Gasser

rv1963

Now that the Super Judge is done time for a new build.

1956 Ford Victoria gasser, first pic is the kit box as always the second shows the chassis with the molded on exhaust system that must be removed. The last pic shows the interior bucket with seat mounting posts removed as well as the exhaust system. All comments welcome.

Ford118.jpg

Ford119.jpg

Ford122.jpg

Hi Gene, to removed the exhaust I used a combination of sprue cutters and a set of mini chisels.

Over all I think this is a decent kit far better than the super judge, The windows appear to fit very good that was a surprise, chassis to body fit is pretty good also, it has a nice front suspension and you can make the front wheels steer, both doors are hinged to open, decent rear suspension. A real nice set of pie cut slicks.

The kit has lots of custom parts like roll pans and 4 bucket seats and it even comes with the half glass roof.

A few minor bad things like a decent amount of flash and sprue points to fix.

I will post a pic of the body when I get a chance for you.

Edited by rv1963

This is going to be interesting! I can't wait to see how this will turn out so I'm tuned in. I was just looking at this kit yesterday and it is on my Must Have list for sure. Your progress so far looks great, nice job with removing the exhaust and good work in the interior area, too. Keep it coming.

Time for an update, the first 2 pics show the body mods.

1. opened up the wheel wells for the slicks

2. removed the windshield wipers

3. filled in the hood hinge area

4. installed the splash pan, and added the point to the front fenders just below the splash pan

5. added the eyebrows for the head lights

Last 2 pics show the basic engine and the molded on starter ( I hate those) I removed the starter and filled in the hole, added the intake, front cover and water pump. All comments welcome.

Ford123.jpg

Ford124.jpg

Ford126.jpg

Ford127.jpg

Edited by rv1963

Update time, I got some work done on the engine.

To the left are the fan, generator, crank pulley and fire extinguisher all done in acrylic, to the right are the 2 valve cover breathers and the oil filler tube and cap done in Aluminum, all parts were turned on my lathe. I think these parts should add a little detail to the engine. All comments welcome

Ford132.jpg

Thanks Gene, no molds I turned all the clear parts from 1/4 inch acrylic rod.

I use an old Unimat lathe from the 1960's works pretty good, I will post a pic of it so you can see it.

It's very small and lite, there is a quarter in the pic to give it some scale.

Ford134.jpg

Time for an update, got some detail work done on the motor, plug wires, fuel lines, starter motor, fan belt and generator. I replaced the carbs with some from the parts box, the white plates on the heads are the header flanges. All comments welcome.

Ford143.jpg

Ford144.jpg