Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wow!! Bill Shrewsberry Is Still Alive!!!

chris coffey

Just read over on model roundup's model news that LA DART's "Wild Bill Shrewsberry" was in touch with Model King Dave about re-issuing the "LA DART" kit in all it's glory!! Nobody has heard from him in quite some time. From what i heard, he has been laying very low due to some shady situations from one of his wheelstander sales. Nonetheless, it will be awsome to have the model back WITH it's decals and all!! My uncle, who used to be a semi-popular Northwest Top Fuel driver, was real close buddies with Bill, and used to frequent our racetrack here in Spokane. I have also heard some absolute crazy things Wild Bill used to do. Chris Coffey, Spokane, WA

I talked with him by email when I designed the art for the new decal sheet. He seemd like a good guy. I had him check over the art several times and make sure it was accurate. The original decals never had the red stripes and some of the art was a little "off" and the printing was not very crisp. The new sheet also has the door decals printed in gold foil which is something the originals lacked.

Update on my original post. I just got a production LA Dart kit in the mail and the LA Dart logos on the decal sheet are printed in gold metallic not gold foil as I had originally indicated. I requested gold foil and was told by the manufacturer that was what they were going to print and then they did something different. Still, it's a good looking decal sheet though. I plan on decaling a body over the weekend and will post pics and tips when I get a chance.