Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest Issue ? ...

I don't know. I'm honestly debateing IF I WANT to renew my sub. After all these years of NEVER getting it on time, save maybe ONCE or TWICE since it came out, I'm not sure if it wouldn't just be easier to get it at the bookstore. At least I'd get it BEFORE the SO CALLED home delivery . It has REALLY tried my patience and loyalty. Don't really know IF I'll re up. May be easier and MORE TIMELY if I just GO OUT and buy it. The "Never on time" stuff s REALLY pushing my loyalty now, AND it's gotten REALLY old to hear the old "It's worth the wait" excuse. All my OTHER magazines come on time, why is MCM so late, aren't we subscribers WORTH the effort to get it out ON TIME????. Almost like the magazines NOT as important as the website. I honestly don't get it. It's just a shame nobody cares about the subscribers. At least that wat it looks like to me, and I've subscribed to MCM from JUMP!

ok now ... NH gets it before the Berkshires?? :lol::D

(well, haven't walked down the hill to check mail yet today ....)

another edit 5pm

I got the mail and issue #180 WAS there! My apologies to neighbor NH!

Edited by Foxer

I don't know. I'm honestly debateing IF I WANT to renew my sub. After all these years of NEVER getting it on time, save maybe ONCE or TWICE since it came out, I'm not sure if it wouldn't just be easier to get it at the bookstore. At least I'd get it BEFORE the SO CALLED home delivery . It has REALLY tried my patience and loyalty. Don't really know IF I'll re up. May be easier and MORE TIMELY if I just GO OUT and buy it. The "Never on time" stuff s REALLY pushing my loyalty now, AND it's gotten REALLY old to hear the old "It's worth the wait" excuse. All my OTHER magazines come on time, why is MCM so late, aren't we subscribers WORTH the effort to get it out ON TIME????. Almost like the magazines NOT as important as the website. I honestly don't get it. It's just a shame nobody cares about the subscribers. At least that wat it looks like to me, and I've subscribed to MCM from JUMP!

The usual excuse George is that MCM is not professionally done, it is done by modeler so for modelers. I don't buy it. SAE was the same before Kalmbach bought them out, and it was never late, and never arrived damaged. Still is never late and arrives mint.

George I think he wanted to know which was the most current issue number , not your current issue with the magazine . :lol:

Got mine today..#180, mint as usual.

Dittos.

Being "on time" is relative. I paid for a year's worth of issues and every year I receive a year's worth. Works out great.

Some magazines put artificial dates on their covers which are months in advance. Is that "on time?"

Some magazines put artificial dates on their covers which are months in advance. Is that "on time?"

Arriving during or before the month on the cover, I would think....car magazines, for instance, are usually at least 1 month ahead. It's bad form for a magazine to arrive late and would cause problems w/ retailers, I would assume. Seems like it's a publishing problem when they are chronically late.

I subscribe to both MCM and SM. They used to arrive torn, wrinkled, and the covers were always a bit damp. Needless to say this was VERY irritating. I finally spoke with the carrier. It turns out that he would put them under his arm while making his rounds. It gets hot here in Austin during the summer... the dampness was his perspiration! He has since changed his ways and now the issues arrive intact and free of bodily secretions (...and I don't have to wash my hands after reading them). It would be nice to have MCM and SM arrive in a plastic enclosure, but I'm sure the cost would be too much.

I do receive them on time (usually).

Doctor Phillips, How do YOU rate so high on the totem pole? Here in Michigan, that magazine is RARELY on time. Always an excuse printed in the editorial column. I don't subscribe to it; that's my excuse for getting it at my locat hobby shop.( Multiple trips waiting for each issue!)

Well, to each his own. I preffer to get them on time, by their monthly date at least. Maybe it'll come today.

Not yet for me. No surprise. We may be outnumbered George, but I am with you.