Model Cars Magazine Forum

31 ford 5-window, 1 / 7 /14 ,SOME DOOR ART,

bpletcher55

Why keep both suspension systems? Don't the airbags eliminate the need for springs of any kind? Front or rear.

Yes and no. It's complicated and depends on the application. The Shock wave is an airbag/shock combination unit. It gives a smooth ride. That is the bag setup I suggested instead of the separate coilover in back of axle, bag in front of axle that will be used. But what I think what Blair is going for is more of a performance oriented suspension with the cool factor of air ride. In that instance, Blair's idea will work quite well. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Skydime

YES THEY ARE HOME DEPO ,PLUMING DEPT, THEY ARE COOL AND LOOK REAL .I PAID LIKE 2.50 AND THERE ARE 10 IN A PACK ,I GOT TWO PACKS.

Sounds like we got a few more bagged projects to look forward to, from you, in the future. :)

Edited by Skydime

Those actually did end up looking a lot like shockwaves. ;) I like the way you built the bag brackets off the frame. There was a whole lot of real estate between the "hog's head" and the frame rails. The air ride tightens things up quite nicely and provides for quite a convincing 1:1 style setup. I love bags on bars and that's what I have on my 1:1 S10 as ell. Since you are going for such a realistic look, you might want to think of putting gussets on the bottom of the bars because they bend over time in full scale without them. (With bags on them, I mean.) Then again, it does look great without them!

Edited by Skydime