Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modeltruckin.com

That is good news, I've got some decals in the past with pinstripe features that were offset and metallic colors that were "chipped" off slightly. Most of the time, I got very good quality stuff though, but for 10 to 12 bucks for a 6x11 inch sheet of paper, I expect top quality material. I'm not the only one seeing this as I have been talking to other guys who just won't order from him anymore. So, good for him for upgrading his machinery.

Jake, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have. Sometimes i do forget to replay due to the fact of a full time job and getting caught up on designing and printing. I did go back through my emails and to answer your question, they are based on Knight Transportation.

Rick is right--I am in the process of upgrading.

I do apologize for not getting back to you until now.

That is good news, I've got some decals in the past with pinstripe features that were offset and metallic colors that were "chipped" off slightly. Most of the time, I got very good quality stuff though, but for 10 to 12 bucks for a 6x11 inch sheet of paper, I expect top quality material. I'm not the only one seeing this as I have been talking to other guys who just won't order from him anymore. So, good for him for upgrading his machinery.

Robert, I stand by my product. If someone tells me there is an issue with the decals, I do everything I can to make it right. Sometimes decals get sent out that I missed a flaw on, but I will send replacements.

As far as the people that won't order from me I say this--If I don't know about the problem, I can't fix it.

In no way am I directing this comment to you Robert. after posting this and thinking about it, I didn't want it to seem as though I was angry with you.

Edited by phoneguy

good news Jerry,

Ive purchased many sets, 20 or so and never a problem.Guess you cant please every one.I know 5 others in person and many from the computer that are always happy with modeltruckin.I have only heard one issue over the internet and that was a paint compatibility issue and that person has used modeltruckin products before and after that so it was an isolated issue

And as far as the costs, I do my best to keep the cost affordable, yet being able to continue printing.

This is just from my personal experience with the dealings I have had with Modeltrucking.com......My opinion for the quality of the decals I have received vs the cost is one heck of a deal,I have seen lesser quality for the same amount if not more.....this is why I only buy from Jerry @ Modeltrucking.com and if he don't have the decals or can't make the ones I want,then I don't need to build that particular one ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, I stand by my product. If someone tells me there is an issue with the decals, I do everything I can to make it right. Sometimes decals get sent out that I missed a flaw on, but I will send replacements.

As far as the people that won't order from me I say this--If I don't know about the problem, I can't fix it.

In no way am I directing this comment to you Robert. after posting this and thinking about it, I didn't want it to seem as though I was angry with you.

No harm done Jerry. It's not like it's a big deal, they're decals. I just ordered some more.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a few sets over the past few years and had a pretty good run with them, Decals are really my nemesis and if I can make them look half alright I think they're a good product.

Was on the site the other night looking for some more but I'll hold off as well Jerry till you get it sorted.

I will have to dig thru my files to see if I still have the Burlington files.

On a side note, my printers are "supposed" to be on the way back from Japan (after sitting at the repair facility since Oct. 22, so outstanding orders will be printed as soon as possible.

I am still in the process of upgrading away from the ALPS to a more reliable system. This time of year lenders can be a bit difficult to deal with.

Hey Jerry, do you offer just the permit numbers for the side of a cab, like the ones on the top rear of the Kingsway truck on your website?

kingsway.jpg

I would print my own, but I cannot print white on clear decal paper.

I might have to look into offering them on another detail sheet.

Finally got the printers back today after sitting in Japan since Oct. 22. Just now able to get started on the backlog of orders and hopefully I will have the samples back on the new printing system and have that up and running very shortly.

To everyone that has an outstanding order with me, I am working as fast as the printer can to get your orders out to you.

My apologies once again for the long delay with these orders.

---Jerry

• 1 month later...

Here's the latest and greatest.................
New print system is due to ship out this week.....first payment is due upon receipt and set up.....also have to have insurance due to cost (required by the bank), that initial payment is due as well..........
I am working with someone on the HO stuff to make sure it's scaled correctly.
Also working on 1/64 scale,
will be adding more in the 1/32 and 1/16 scales
Print time will be cut by about 99%, ink (not actually ink) costs will be cut by about 75% (will have a better idea once I've run thru a full set).
I may keep the ALPS for certain projects.
Even though the cost of the new system is pretty expensive for decals, I should not have to raise the price of the decals.
I do hope to be up and running within the next 2 weeks, providing the severe weather in the US doesn't hinder delivery.

To sum it all up, I won't have any more downtime like I did recently, turnaround will be a lot better, and I will have more time to work on even more stuff!!! (as if I don't have enough)

I wish to thank everyone for their support since I took over almost 4 years ago and look forward to do my best to contribute to this hobby.

I also want to thank my "unofficial staff" of spokesmen and the R & D department (the guys taking pics for me). I would name them, but I'm afraid I would leave someone out.

Here's the latest and greatest.................

New print system is due to ship out this week.....first payment is due upon receipt and set up.....also have to have insurance due to cost (required by the bank), that initial payment is due as well..........

I am working with someone on the HO stuff to make sure it's scaled correctly.

Also working on 1/64 scale,

will be adding more in the 1/32 and 1/16 scales

Print time will be cut by about 99%, ink (not actually ink) costs will be cut by about 75% (will have a better idea once I've run thru a full set).

I may keep the ALPS for certain projects.

Even though the cost of the new system is pretty expensive for decals, I should not have to raise the price of the decals.

I do hope to be up and running within the next 2 weeks, providing the severe weather in the US doesn't hinder delivery.

To sum it all up, I won't have any more downtime like I did recently, turnaround will be a lot better, and I will have more time to work on even more stuff!!! (as if I don't have enough)

I wish to thank everyone for their support since I took over almost 4 years ago and look forward to do my best to contribute to this hobby.

I also want to thank my "unofficial staff" of spokesmen and the R & D department (the guys taking pics for me). I would name them, but I'm afraid I would leave someone out.

Printer went down again? I sent a few emails and got no reply.