Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Meyers Manx

TooOld

This is not really a W.I.P. but more of a "what's already done" since I've been working on his for about a month .

It's almost completely out of the box except for some modified and scratchbuilt parts .

I started by modifying the suspension to lower the ride height about 1/8th inch all the way around and I added working steering . The calipers & rotors are Pegasus that were filed down to a smaller diameter . I scratchbuilt the pedal assembly with dual master cylinders .

Here's the body in primer with side pods I made first with modeling clay and then cast in resin . The railing around the rear is brass rod and tubing . I also thinned the windshield frame to look more realistic .

And finally I made a roll cage with styrene rod and used some Corvette seats from my parts box . Wheels and tires also are from the parts box .

Edited by TooOld

The body was painted with Duplicolor Royal Blue and Duplicolor Clear .

The chassis was also painted Royal Blue . I added brake lines with solder and some braided lines to the calipers .

Power is the kit engine with some carbs from my parts box . I made the intakes out of tubing and added linkage and fuel lines . I also made the oil filter and dipstick . The distributor is from M.A.D.

Edited by TooOld

This is the finished engine . The exhaust was made using styrene rod and the ends from some paint brushes . The belt guard is a piece of splatter screen ( used for frying ) wrapped with a strip of aluminum from a soda can . Air filters were shaped from rectangular styrene .

And here's the finished chassis with the engine installed . I added the clutch and throttle cables , also a fuel line , halfshafts , and parking brake cables . It won't be seen once the body is on but it's fun to do !

And that's where I'm at ! Comments and suggestions are welcomed . If you would have done something different let me know !

Today I'll start putting all the goodies on the body and I'll post the finished photos Under Glass .

Thanks for looking !

Edited by TooOld