Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don't you just hate! When you work and sand a Body ready for painting, then the weather turns, and you end up getting small Pin bubbles in the paint Job!! So, Then you decide to spray a spare junk body to test decals and reaction to a new Floor wax dip deal, and the paint job come's out near perfect!! That's what happen when I sprayed New Green Elephant Vega body, So I yanked a old SS Chevelle body out wanting to put some old decals on, and do this deal where as you Dip the body in the floor wax and let it set up,, well Now I have too sand the Vega back down, and the Chevelle is fine,,lol

Hey Tom, nice weathering on the van. : ) What happened ?

It was all fun and games until the flying monkeys arrived!

The van was pretty much done. Decals in place, all the detail painting done and pretty darn good I might add! Someone suggested I clear coat it with Testors Wet Look Clear. Bad move! That paint brought the red plastic to the surface and melted all the Sharpie lines in panel seams. I don't understand how it brought the red to the surface to discolor the paint, especially since it was under several coats of Duplicolor gray, many coats of Duplicolor blue and even a coat of Future.

IMG_4156-vi.jpg

See the difference between the blue in the side panel glass area and under the decals on the front doors. That was the original color. The side panels were clear plastic. Everywhere where there was red plastic, the blue got a tone darker. I would've lived with that, but the Sharpie bled in all the door seams. See the front of the front door. It just floated to the top. I tried to sand some of it down, reasoning that the black mess was in the clear coat, but I made a mess of it. And to add insult to injury the paint touch up repairs didn't tone down like the rest of the paint. So into the drink it went!

Parts too. Where the heck are my PE wire wheels with tires for my Talbot ????? No tracking number so I have no idea where they are.

I have a tracking number and have no idea where my box is, the box weighs 9.3 lbs, not like its easy to misplace :lol:, from what I could understand from the lady I spoke with it, its either still at the airport, or at the sorting center

Edited by martinfan5

Don't you hate it when you have a 50% off coupon from Michaels and they don't have even one kit you want.

Every week! I think I've bought one kit at Michaels. But I still print out that friggin coupon and go look. Some weeks I buy a single can of Testors paint (I use an extraordinary amount of Dullcote and flat black) or a bottle of Zap-a-gap. When I'm fully stocked and I don't need the coupon I look around for some nice person with a big item in their cart.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Waiting on Decals for the "Blue Max F/c" That the ad said Mustang, turned out too be for the 75 Arrow car, So after returning, Been 3 weeks No New Mustang Decals yet! Thank the lord, I keep tweaking on the car and messing it up as I wait, 3 weeks and 2 new paint Jobs, lol,,really need them Decals,,lol

Last night, I was doing some assembly, and I couldn't hold a blasted thing, my fingers weren't working well at all. Dropping stuff all over the floor and watching those funny little lugs that've been showing up on a lot of newer molds now go flying into hither and yon, which drives me nuts for some reason.

Charlie Larkin

Regarding tracking numbers: I had a lengthy conversation recently with a local postal worker. Wanna know what she told me? Tracking numbers do three things. #1 They give the customer a false sense of security because they are useless. #2 They only tell you where your package USED to be, and of course the most important one #3, they make millions for the post office because sheeple are suckers who think it's a good idea. Want protection? Insure your shipment. ;)

Regarding tracking numbers: I had a lengthy conversation recently with a local postal worker. Wanna know what she told me? Tracking numbers do three things. #1 They give the customer a false sense of security because they are useless. #2 They only tell you where your package USED to be, and of course the most important one #3, they make millions for the post office because sheeple are suckers who think it's a good idea. Want protection? Insure your shipment. ;)

That's why you just use Priority Mail, it's both insured and has tracking. I don't care where my package USED to be, but the tracking can tell me the last time one someone saw it when they do lose it, or damage it in such a way as to render it useless.

eBay says that sellers need to have tracking on their packages for their protection, proof of delivery in a dispute. Years ago I sold a box of old sheet music. The buyer filed a dispute that they didn't receive it. I had delivery confirmation that it was delivered. Buyer said he lived in an apartment building so it was likely that the package was delivered, but stolen from his lobby. eBay found in his favor and refunded all his money from my Paypal account.

A while later I was browsing that category and there was this guy selling my sheet music as singles. Same user ID he used as a buyer. No shame. I go back to eBay with this new proof that he received the package. I got a canned response that my dispute had been resolved earlier and couldn't be reopened!

So I call eBay. I get an operator who took all my info and then told me I was past the time for filing a dispute (hey the buyer only put these up for sale now) and said that what the guy was selling was different from what I sold him. As in if he was reselling the lot as a unit, that's one thing, but the singles couldn't be seen as the same by them. Never mind that there was some handwriting on some of the covers visible in both my and his scans!