Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

I've had that type of problem . . . unable to post pix . . . ever since an automatic upgrade to IE 11 a few days ago. I think that's progress. :unsure:

That happened to another member who PMed me about it. The "Compatability View" button on the IE browser was the solution for him, so I suggest you try that and see if it works.

It is happening to me today! My dumb computer updated to IE 11 last night and ever since I cant post pics or reply to quotes.!!! This is ridiculous! I don't know how to fix it because I am not that good with computers. I wish they would leave well enough alone!

Edited by Kennyboy

It is happening to me today! My dumb computer updated to IE 11 last night and ever since I cant post pics or reply to quotes.!!! This is ridiculous! I don't know how to fix it because I am not that good with computers. I wish they would leave well enough alone!

Click the Compatibility View button in the IE (header?) toolbar or turn off automatic updates...or switch to Google Chrome.

That happened to another member who PMed me about it. The "Compatability View" button on the IE browser was the solution for him, so I suggest you try that and see if it works.

That does seem to have been the culprit (couldn't get the 'quote' box before). I'll try a pic.

calvinhobbes-vi.jpg

Oh, yes! That put me back in business! Now to get back to skullduggery!

Thanks!!!

The quote tab isn't working. And before anyone says anything my browser is up to date and I'm happy with my P.C.

The problem with IE is when it automatically updates to 11, and the update causes the problem for some. Which web browser are you running?

That does seem to have been the culprit (couldn't get the 'quote' box before). I'll try a pic.

calvinhobbes-vi.jpg

Oh, yes! That put me back in business! Now to get back to skullduggery!

Thanks!!!

Are these guys currently in charge of Internet Software Programs for Microsoft? ^^^^

Dale

Most likely, when Internet Explorer updates (like to 11), then all the settings are returned back to default, and so you have to go back and make the changes over again, like selecting the CVS being mentioned, and explains why some experience things "on & off" again

"Tools" - "Compatibility View Settings" - "Add" - "Close"

• 2 weeks later...

Which section (such as Model Cars: Under Glass, etc.) are you having trouble posting images in, Oscar? Or is it more than one section?

It was in the Fast and Furious community build. I got some posted but had a heck of a time trying to edit post.

Did IE recently update on your computer? That seems to be the issue with most people who are using IE, and specifically IE11. The Compatibility View button seems to have solved the posting problems for most people. See page #3 in this topic, please.

I have IE 11 and I could not reply and then left everything blank or unchecked in CVS. Then I could reply but the quote and pic post would not work. If I checked CVS then I could post pics but not reply. I don't even know if THIS post will go thru. Win 7 has been hard enough for me to use after 7 years with an iMac . I only have trouble here not any of the other forums I use .

Did IE recently update on your computer? That seems to be the issue with most people who are using IE, and specifically IE11. The Compatibility View button seems to have solved the posting problems for most people. See page #3 in this topic, please.

Casey, if you look at my earlier post, I referenced the compatibility view thing. I managed to get it done using chrome. Its weird that this is the only forum people have issues with. Thanks for your help.

• Gregg unpinned this topic