Model Cars Magazine Forum

Green Elephant Vega started,

booboo60

Well no blue max decals so started my Green Elephant 1/25, don Schumacher Revell 1994 donor kit. Slixx decals, going to wire out, an do fuel linkage, 1st time for blower linkage and cables. Lever cables, etc. I have the chassie 80% and plumb, need to do some detail work, ad'ed a few bar supports to make it level. Hate the 2 piece tires. So replacing them with solid wreankle wall slicks. But its off..thank for looking, and any tips or input will help!

OUCH! Ok, The Elephant was going well, I put the first 2-3 mist coats on the car, and was looking good still, Then I went for the 1st cover coat, and..as it dried, I noticed the little bubbles forming in the hood and side, yup, Moisture in the air! So no, Its into the SUPER CLEAN, and its not working too good, been in about 20 hrs now, and just now started peeling off, Sucks, Ill post a pic from my cell phone in a bit,Agh..

Alan,

You probably know this, but incase you don't, Competition Resins makes the correct '77 body for this car:

Here is the link:

http://www.compresins.com/site/751597/product/CR-1031

You can also get the Crower injector here:

http://www.compresins.com/site/751597/product/CRC-059

Also, spray a silver undercoat before you add the green.

--Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Have the rear break lines an booster in, also made a oil tank for the back too, will post a few pics if anyone wants too see an update, also, I got burnt on the blue max decals, have not heard a word. I have some off the wall old decals, maybe make up a sponsor just to finish it, lol take care all.

Little update Guys, The Green Elephant is coming along slow, But I did put the last "3rd coat of green down", now I'm back on the Former "Blue Max" Build, after 2sets of BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH decals, I went with a different guy, the thing bout buying Fred Candy decals, is Fred has been gone awhile now "rip" and some of his stock is Old, The last set I had cracked, "I EVEN Coated the last set" So now the B. Max, Is the "Keeling and Clayton Mustang F/c, It was a close fit, only had too change a cpl things, Will post a few pics later, I'm now waiting on the Hilborn8 port Blower setup I ordered about 8 days ago, should be here soon, Just wanted to update, take care an Happy Building, Oh,,,I also grabbed a 1/16 Keeling and Clayton TF Dragster for $34.99, heck of a deal,

• 2 weeks later...

Update, been awhile. But, I have the Vega for the Green Elephant F/c ready, painted the trim on the rocker panels, and back today, chassie and motor is getting close. Need to try the linkage next. Just have motor sitting in, need to finish the plugs. An fuel pump, hoping its all down hill now! Till the next part.won't fit, lol.