Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modelhaus Order

I agree with you too,

I sent in an order 4 weeks ago for the usual things like bumpers, grills and replacement tail lights but this time I splurged on one of their cool Shasta campers.

So- some time in the near future I'll be doing the Happy Dance right along with you !!

I've never "needed" anything from there, but I've heard nothing but great comments about his stuff. I wish he'd post pics of his stuff tho. If he'd do that 4 door Coronet he was talking about years ago, I'd probably jump on that ..

Dan, I've seen his display at NNL East and met Don, Carol, and their assistant (whose name escapes me at the moment) personally.

Three of absolutely the nicest, most reputable, honest people you will ever meet. Their products are good.

And that Coronet 4-door is awesome. I plan to get one myself at some point.

Go ahead and order, and please accept my word that you will not in any way, shape or form, be disappointed.

Charlie Larkin

Norm Veber (Replicas & Minatures) and Don Holthaus: If either of these Gentlemen have an item for sale you'd like to own, just pay. Without a doubt you will never be disappointed. And this isn't last-weeks opinion. Like Robert said, going on 20+ years..... :)

Just ordered all the chrome & lenses for one of my resin `68 Barracuda's in my stash. A few years ago at NNL East someone was selling nice resin re-pops of the `68 Promo body for some ridiculous price like $20 each. I bought the remaining three he had. Time to dig out the MCW Turquoise and find those drag radials I bought last winter...... B)

I wish he'd post pics of his stuff tho.

Norm Veber (Replicas & Minatures) and Don Holthaus: If either of these Gentlemen have an item for sale you'd like to own, just pay. Without a doubt you will never be disappointed. And this isn't last-weeks opinion. Like Robert said, going on 20+ years..... :)

It's been said many times that Modelhaus website doesn't have pictures, and Norm doesn't have a website at all. Both gentlemen are already selling product at full capacity, so they don't need it!

The 4 dr . '68 Cornet was not done by Modelhaus as R&R offered one . He will not willingly direct compete . Especially with those he knows and are Pioneers like themselves . This is IMHO from the conversations I shared with these fine people . Why should this come to pass as there are so many other subjects sellable still not done in this Hobby ? I've done business with Resin Casters since the early (Pioneer) days . There are threads and positive comments about who's who's in this Hobby Segment constantly . Norm Veeber , Don & Carol , Dick Dodge , and many others deserving the high marks given to them without failure . These folks are Modelers and treat customers as they would like to be treated . There needs to be more of this in the world , IMHO. Thanx ..

• 2 weeks later...

Received my order today in the mail, besides bumpers/grills and tail lights for some other projects, got one of their Shasta campers

006_zps1b865225.jpg

007_zpsae12abb9.jpg

That does it, I am ordering one of those camper kits as a birthday present to myself!

That is one sweet looking model, hard to believe it is resin!

YES-the trailer body is one piece, the floor and chassis are a separate piece. The body snaps on and off the chassis like a glove. There is no interior but I am sure an ambitious modeler could build and detail the inside.

I took a few pictures of the body and chassis separated but can't post pictures right now for some reason ???

YES-the trailer body is one piece, the floor and chassis are a separate piece. The body snaps on and off the chassis like a glove. There is no interior but I am sure an ambitious modeler could build and detail the inside.

That's a lot of fun to do. I started my van body camper as a slammer but was encouraged to try an interior. Using basswood and Evergreen sheet I managed to create nearly everything. The key is that it's all straight lines!

I bought the Modelhaus '67 Corvair 4-Door conversion kit from one of their dealers at the Circle City (Indy) show a few weeks ago.

With a little minor alteration, I'll finally be able to build a replica of my '65 Vair (as pictured in my Avatar).

Like everyone's been saying, it's quality stuff....