Great rubber offroad tires with nice rims for 8$

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Figured i would post this info these toys are not at every single "Dollar General" store but that is where i get this "made in china" toyset for these fantastic offroad tires!
the wheel is a 6 tire vehicle so if you get 2 toysets its enough offroad tires to do 3 model offroad trucks/jeeps!

of course i hate to throw away a perfectly good toy! especially around the holidays with all the toys for tots dropboxes i went ahaead and "swapped" some virtually useless parts box hard plastic tires, and some rims from the parts box i won't use on my builds and replaced the stolen offroad tires kids do not discriminate tires on a toy! none that i know of anyway......
heres the pics!

101_6649_zpsc2a12977.jpg

101_6648_zpsde674985.jpg

101_6653_zps691cd446.jpg

101_6652_zps0a087d2f.jpg

101_6655_zps90950848.jpg

101_6656_zps4dfd4a36.jpg

:rolleyes: now the tank has some style/ bling should i have painted them flat black?? maybe but its a kids toy they won't care i think....... :D

Posted · Report post

101_6657_zpse8f8632a.jpg

as you can see i pick these toys up every so often when i have the extra 8$ on hand
its a bargain i think you can't buy offroad tires and rims that nice on e-bay for less money they will work for almost anything!!

:wub::D hope this post is usefull especially to all those 4x4 guys out there!!

Posted · Report post

wow i figured there would be more response .......

Posted · Report post

Those are pretty neat looking. They'd be great on a Jeep or Bronco. :)

Posted · Report post

wow i figured there would be more response .......

With a hundred and fifty two views , I'm sure ppl are going searching for the tires.

Thanks for the tip BTW.

Posted · Report post

With a hundred and fifty two views , I'm sure ppl are going searching for the tires.

Plus, this topic was covered, or at least mentioned, once before, so it may be old news to some. I suspect the difference in the front and rear wheel opening diameter of these tires is making a few people go ---> :huh:

Posted · Report post

I picked up a set of these from a tank thingy that was molded in blue, labelled 'POLICE' and had white rims. :)

Posted · Report post

That's why we never get any new 4x4 kits , not enough interest. Those tires look pretty decent though.

Posted · Report post

Great find. I also find diecast cars in 1/32 that have "DONK" wheels. I have purchased them just for the wheels and tires. The rest becomes painting test beds. The "DONK" wheels are just the perfect size for 1/25th scale cars. Here is a pic of the wheels I found and used them for this low rider car

IMG_3203_zpsac81d96b.jpg

Posted · Report post

very nice wheel choice for that very good looking buick!

i do the same as well! i buy die cast toys with nice looking wheels and steal them for my model builds

Posted · Report post

Plus, this topic was covered, or at least mentioned, once before, so it may be old news to some. I suspect the difference in the front and rear wheel opening diameter of these tires is making a few people go ---> :huh:

Exactly Casey. I think it was a couple of years ago that I showed those tires in a thread. The difference in the openings actually work perfect for the AMT '84 GMC pickup and the Jeep Commando. The front opening fits the large wheelbacks like they were made for them. The rear openings are quite small and will require a little massaging to fit a 15" scale wheel.