Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats the weirdest kit in your stash?

Hey fellas! I was going to post this in the General Topics but that is for car related and automotive topics so I'll post it here where I can expand it out past that.

All of us have that one kit (or maybe more) in our stash that we just had to have because it was just "out there". I just thought it would be cool to put some of that stuff on here and give a brief comment on what compelled us to buy it for conversation sake. I'll start it off with one of mine.

With me being a big German Luftwaffe buff I saw this BV-141 kit back in 1998 on the shelf and immediately bought it because I like stuff thats different from the norm and then learned more about it. First off I don't know how this thing flew but it did and was even put into limited service before being replaced by a more conventional design, the Fw189. Anyways without further delay, the BV-141:

BV141kit.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

A Czech "Special Hobby" 1/48 kit of a McDonnell XF-85 Goblin. Different 1/72 version box-art shown. I occasionally add to my collection of examples of aviation and rocketry engineering high (and low) points. This was designed to be launched from and recovered by a large bomber. Like a similar but earlier effort using rigid lighter-than-air motherships and little bi-planes, it wasn't a terrific success.

Goblin-1.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

If this isn't the weirdest kit in my stash, it's certainly close to the top of the list. It's the only one I could lay my hands on quickly. It's a Lindberg kit.

100_2753-vi.jpg

Now this has to be tops that I have EVER seen! Never in a million years would I have ever imagined that there would be a plastic model of an amoeba!!!!

Carl Caspers Undertaker Dragster.

and yes that's a pretty wild looking kit as well!

So far I think the amoeba' s in the lead. Anybody have a model of Deinococcus radiodurans ?

I'd say that you are correct on that there Bill! as for the second part of that reply...no can't say I have.

A Czech "Special Hobby" 1/48 kit of a McDonnell XF-85 Goblin. Different 1/72 version box-art shown. I occasionally add to my collection of examples of aviation and rocketry engineering high (and low) points. This was designed to be launched from and recovered by a large bomber. Like a similar but earlier effort using rigid lighter-than-air motherships and little bi-planes, it wasn't a terrific success.

Goblin-1.jpg

Doesn't this plane look like one of the Hasagawa "egg" style planes ?

What scale is the amoeba kit?

Let me get back with you on that. :)

Back: OK, the mind boggler here for me is that the actual living amoeba measures about 0.5 mm. You can actually see these beasties without a microscope! The kit is a mere 460 X the size!

Edited by Deano

This is the weirdest one in my stash.

I bought this as a gag gift for my daughter when she was in nursing school. She was having trouble with the anatomy class (she didn't find this gift amusing).

I still think that Amoeba kit is the strangest one I've ever seen!

post-10758-0-21673900-1385566032_thumb.j