Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats the weirdest kit in your stash?

I CAN HAZ WEIRDERER STILL

001.jpg

002.jpg

These were made by the Dutch company Tiel for the famous toy shop Merkelbach in Amsterdam, in 1965.

The still unboxed kits were discovered in a warehouse in the late 90s and subsequently sold in these generic boxes.

This is NOT a reissue, the parts are 1965 vintage.

It depicts one of the many famous Dutch street organs, "de Drie Pruiken" (the three wigs), which is still in full working order today.

There are records of such stuff:

148250852_3_big.jpg

One could stream this onto a computer, make a .mp3 out of it and put a little player into the organ model?

Edited by Junkman

I CAN HAZ WEIRDERER STILL

001.jpg

002.jpg

These were made by the Dutch company Tiel for the famous toy shop Merkelbach in Amsterdam, in 1965.

The still unboxed kits were discovered in a warehouse in the late 90s and subsequently sold in these generic boxes.

This is NOT a reissue, the parts are 1965 vintage.

It depicts one of the many famous Dutch street organs, "de Drie Pruiken" (the three wigs), which is still in full working order today.

There are records of such stuff:

148250852_3_big.jpg

One could stream this onto a computer, make a .mp3 out of it and put a little player into the organ model?

Love that idea with the mp3 player in the model. That would be great!

Yeah, I want to merge it with a Tom Daniel Circus Wagon...

Here it is in action:

Today it is in the National Museum of Musical Clocks in Utrecht (https://www.museumspeelklok.nl/lang/en/).

It's a bit like the one in the Schlumpf collection 'La Mortier' or something like that. Sorry I cant find a picture to link it to or from my own visit.

Edited by HotRodaSaurus

Here is my strangest, pretty tame really.

Snap! I bought this to build my version of Roth's Druid Princess as the body was just about the right scale for a 'T' showrod.

That looks a lot like a kit I built as a kid - "The Lord Mayor's Coach" - except it didn't have the horses pulling it. I had relatives in the UK that sent it to me as a gift. My mom helped with with some of the detail painting and it turned out pretty good. I've got a photo somewhere, I think. Wish I still had it!

Your model got me looking on the internet for the royal coronation coach and I have the say, if the box art is any representation the model is a really crude. I found the real deal on Buckingham's web site and the real deal is much lighter and elegant in line. They kind of have the impression of the original and some vague lines, but it would take a ton of work to make a decent representation. This is not unlike a lot of early models of everything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow; just loving this thread! Hilarious stuff out there. Who knew we all have such oddities peppering our stash?! Most of my weirdness has been duplicated here by others - The C57D from Forbidden Planet, Blohm und Voss BV-141 plane kit, etc.

Don't have a pic handy, and the kit is currently in storage, but my weirdest automotive-themed kit is "The Homer" from Polar Lights. This is a kit based on an episode of The Simpsons, where Homer finds himself in a position to design the perfect American automobile. I love it! One of my modeling goals is to build a 1/25 "realized" version to display beside it.

• 3 weeks later...

Vixen_zpsc17c8018.jpg

I just feel this one needs to be brought forward. This is hilarious! I want one.

Scott

Weird, nothing weird here. Just a lady taking a bath outside her house while her kid plays and some guys peeks at her from behind a fence. Yup, nothing weird at all!

20121025_174719.jpg

This one is real? And funny too.

Scott

I would really love to have these two:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...