Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats the weirdest kit in your stash?

OK, I seem to have everything but a Tofu stand.  Here are 4 Japanese carnival booths, (I think), two shops, and a food cart.  All are allegedly 1/25 scale.

The carnival booths include a ballon stand, mask vendor, meatball stand, and corn-on-the-cob seller. Then there are a couple of shops. With guard dogs!

I bought these many years ago, when 1/25 figures and accessories were hard to find. Thought I would part them out, but just never could bring myself to do it.  Some of these even have little packs of static grass inside. And they all have that dorky little tube of glue that used to come in Japanese kits.

All the carnival booths were made by Yodel Model, the lunch cart is by Model-Kawai.

I also have some similar 1/32 Japanese kits. One was posted in here not long ago - the woman bathing with the guy behind the fence.

Img_9560.jpg

Img_9561.jpg

Edited by Mike999
Error

OK, I seem to have everything but a Tofu stand.  Here are 4 Japanese carnival booths, (I think), two shops, and a food cart.  All are allegedly 1/25 scale.

The carnival booths include a ballon stand, mask vendor, meatball stand, and corn-on-the-cob seller. Then there are a couple of shops. With guard dogs!

I bought these many years ago, when 1/25 figures and accessories were hard to find. Thought I would part them out, but just never could bring myself to do it.  Some of these even have little packs of static grass inside. And they all have that dorky little tube of glue that used to come in Japanese kits.

All the carnival booths were made by Yodel Model, the lunch cart is by Model-Kawai.

I also have some similar 1/32 Japanese kits. One was posted in here not long ago - the woman bathing with the guy behind the fence.

Img_9560.jpg

Img_9561.jpg

Very cool! Now I have to find more of these!! Yeah, too bad the bathing lady set is a small scale, I could have replaced her with the Linda Vaughn figure! :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Along with the 1/8 scale resin Alfred Hitchcock figure...this is one of my weirder ones.  The "Aurora" resin Hanging Tree, in about 1/16 scale. 

According to legend, this was supposed to be the second kit in the "Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum" series, after The Guillotine.   Aurora cut the molds for the Hanging Tree, but cancelled it after the uproar over The Guillotine.  These resin kits were reproduced directly from the original Aurora molds, according to the write-up at Monsters In Motion (which still sells this kit).

HangingTree.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

Well, sorry!  Since I broke the thread, I'll try to un-break it.

How about a 1/350 scale Gamera from Bandai?  Can be built in optional walking or flying modes. In flying mode you'll have to provide your own flames coming out of his "dual exhausts." 

The kit also comes with a tiny F-16 fighter to attack Gamera. The kit seems to be out of production for now, but they turn up on eBay occasionally at reasonable prices.

gamera.jpg

6 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Here’s a couple more to go with Mike’s up above...both are by Yodel - cotton candy stand with Vespa and Sushi stand with Gemma scooter. 1/24 scale. No people, just the stand and scooter. 

Thanks!  I've never seen those.  The scooters are a nice touch. 

Combined with food stands, they remind me of when I worked in Egypt.  McDonald's and other fast-food joints there would deliver burgers right to your door.  They used motor scooters like those, with an insulated box on the back.  You just didn't want to think about how long your food sat in the traffic of Cairo or Alexandria, soaking up yummy hydrocarbons...

I've got nothing as offbeat as those food stands but I do have some offbeat car kits:

1) A late 70s/early 80s Skoda Favorit (kinda looks like a Omni/Horizon sedan with a different nose and tail) with instructions on the box in Czechoslovakian.

2) A Fujimi Lamborghini Diablo. Not an unusual subject but this not a glue together kit, it's not a snap together kit-it's a screw together kit! Never have seen another one.

3)Bandai currently has out a series of 1/43rd scale vehicles in a Mecha Collection Ultraman Series. The vehicles are sci/fi related EXCEPT for a Science Special Search Party Exclusive Vehicle- a .............................................(wait for it)  '62 Corvair  four door sedan! There's also a mercilessly hacked late 50s Imperial sedan that reminds one of the Richard Korkes customized '56(?)Chevy. It's so truly hideous that I won't buy the kit.

O.K.  I'll throw my wierd kit's in the mix...

First up "The Victom "  A Polar Light's re-pop of an old Aroura kit.

DSCF00053.jpg

Next: The Hanging Cage ,also a repop of aroura. With the Victim inside.

DSCF00021.jpg

DSCF00011.jpg

DSCF00041.jpg

A shot with my "Pendulam" 

DSCF00031.jpg

And one still in the box...

DSCF00061.jpg

The Witch Come's with "DOUBLE" part's . One set in Glow in the dark plastic, the other set in normal Black plastic. So other than the base , you can build it twice !

Come's with "LOT'S  of Bats and Rats And test tube's and jars..... enough stuff for several diorama's !      All in 1/12 scale.

On 12/20/2017 at 6:52 AM, Mike999 said:

Along with the 1/8 scale resin Alfred Hitchcock figure...this is one of my weirder ones.  The "Aurora" resin Hanging Tree, in about 1/16 scale. 

According to legend, this was supposed to be the second kit in the "Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum" series, after The Guillotine.   Aurora cut the molds for the Hanging Tree, but cancelled it after the uproar over The Guillotine.  These resin kits were reproduced directly from the original Aurora molds, according to the write-up at Monsters In Motion (which still sells this kit).

HangingTree.jpg

I may have to find that one! lol

On 08/02/2016 at 10:58 PM, Mike999 said:

Another van fan!  My people! 

If you haven't seen the notice under the "Reviews" section, Italeri is re-issuing the Ford Transit van this year. I have 2 of the ESCI version in "Canon" markings but will probably get another one.  Or five...

When that FUJIMI Astro van came out, it was the first new 1/24 American van kit released in many, many years.  I have 2 of the Chevy version and a GMC.  My favorite is probably the "Field Liner." It includes roof carriers and a mountain bike with photo-etched metal spokes.

astro_1.JPG

Never seen an Astro before in kit form. Any more info Mike ?

Edited by 57peppershaker