Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rare 66 Johan Toranado Gluebomb Restored

Porscheman

Really nice build! It would be cool to have one of these in my stash as well, it's actually pretty neat looking car. You did it a justice, really nice and smooth paint and very nicely assembled. And restoring Glue Bombs is a lot of fun. I've restored many of them, too, the latest one was finished a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. Keep these builds coming, they look excellent every time.

Oh and do you polish your paint jobs?

Thank you everyone. I love restoring these gluebombs. Coming before the end of the week will be my latest vintage 64 Buick Wilcat Convertible in pastle yellow. My parts from The Modelhaus came today and the paint is done. Hope this one comes out as good as the Toranado.

Thanks again.

Al

I need to get moving on my hardtop.

This is REALLY beautiful! I think that first-generation Toronado was one of the best-looking cars GM ever made.

Gee, Al, I wish I knew you were going to LIARS, I would've introduced myself, although I got there very late because of a bad accident. It would've been nice to say hello.

Perhaps we'll catch each other at NNL if you make it.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

I need to get moving on my hardtop.

This is REALLY beautiful! I think that first-generation Toronado was one of the best-looking cars GM ever made.

Gee, Al, I wish I knew you were going to LIARS, I would've introduced myself, although I got there very late because of a bad accident. It would've been nice to say hello.

Perhaps we'll catch each other at NNL if you make it.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie,

I'm a new member of the NNL and will be working the show in NJ in 2014. I look forward to meeting and talking to you.

Al

Nice and clean work. I like the wheel rims and the flawless paint job. I don't see any out of scale metal flakes in the paint so I assume you did not use a spray can. Everything looks realistic.

All my paint jobs are right out of the rattle can. I can't use an airbrush do to MS. I polish all my paint jobs out with Novus #2 and the The Treatment model wax.

Thank you

Al

Great looking model! Nice color, great save. I've been looking for one of these as my dad had one back in the day (in that hideous burnt orange of course). It was always fun to ride in with the flat floor and bench seats, lots of room. I was always intrigued by the rolling drum speedo, it was cool!

Fantastic Save Bro, and Nicely done!

Longtime Favorite car of mine, cause I had a fullsize '66 Toro for 35yrs of my 37yr life(had to part with it back in March)... It was Krazy to drive with the performance rebuild my father did on the 425, espeically doing doughnuts and FWD Burnouts... Hehehehe

Edited by Dragon7665