Model Cars Magazine Forum

8 Lug Wheels

• 2 months later...

..thank you fellas, appreciate your comments. I have some tweaking to do and they'll be ready for casting. Should have some sets available by the end of next week. These will be offered in a 4WD set and a 2WD set. Also have a couple of tires in the works for them as well and wheel backs. I'll post when I have some ready....

• 2 weeks later...

...just letting those who are interested know that I have the steel wheels ready. I have them listed on e-bay as 1/24 16" 8 Lugs. Also have the 2wd sets up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESIN-1-24-16-8-LUG-STEEL-WHEELS-4WD-S36-/151235459672?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item233655fa58 0r http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESIN-1-24-16-8-LUG-STEEL-WHEELS-2WD-S37-/151235463999?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2336560b3f

..for those who don't like e-Bay, I will add then to my web site after I have some inventory built up.

Edited by dannyi

What tires do you recommend for these, Daniel? The ones in the AMT dually promos?

Hi Chris, not sure about the AMT dually but these wheels do fit the Monogram F-250 tires.

I do have a couple of tires coming out soon to go with these wheels, plus a set of wheel backs.

DSCN4497_zpsf84c6854.jpg

I'm sure there are other kit tires that would work. Check the dimensions, sometimes only a little modification is needed...

These wheels are GREAT !

I was lucky enough to buy two sets of Daniels 8 lug 4x4 wheels , besides the fact that they are very nicely cast , with little/no flash. The wheels are almost a snap fit into this set of American Satco Bridgestone 'Mud Dueler' tires

002_zpsb06535fe.jpg

001_zps2aa77b12.jpg

He is also a great eBay seller, leaves feedback very quickly and ships fast- I would like to deal with him again soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered doing an older style 16 or 17 inch stock 8 lug steel wheel for older conversions? I like the floating axle idea - something that is missing many times. A lot of commercial vehicles were of the one ton variety back in the day including some tow trucks that I have seen that actually ran single rear wheels.

Another need that you might consider is a proper looking 16 or 18 inch one ton wheel for older trucks. I've seen a few posts where guys are trying to source a wheel for a tow truck, deck truck, old farm truck or other commercial hauler/work truck build and they want a decent looking older style wheel. There were six and eight lug versions and I think that once the word got out on the forums, you'd have a decent market. And even if it was just a generic wheel that an expert could look at on a Ford and say that the wheel is a Chev wheel. Split rim or solid would be a nice option as well. Another item that may be of interest of just the floating rear axle that could be inserted into a wheel if the center was drilled out to give a truck the three quarter or one ton look on a custom wheel. Just look through the current and past auctions on Ebay and see what guys get for dual wheels from newer one tons and how many dually lits that are offered without the duals because someone bought the kit just for the wheels. Alcad makes making a wheel pretty much resemble chrome, but many vintage style builds call for painted wheels, so uncoated resin would be a blessing. I've seen 1/32 big rig duals used on one tons but they just do not look right. PLEASE - PLEASE - consider these requests.

I know that I have been looking around for an old style 16" steel wheel for a project and I can't find anything. I might add that tires in both summer and winter tread in a 6:50 - 7:50 size would also be very, very welcome. I'll be ordering some of the 2 WD wheels if they are ready and I'd sooner just buy from you than through Ebay. I know that you can't just cross your arms and wiggle your nose or blink your eyes and the molds are ready and that this all requires more time and work than the unitiated realize, but this is a market that has really been overlooked. When I read of guys using Danbury Mint trucks for just the wheels, that suggests that some people are pretty serious about this need. And ask yourself how many guys set a project or a dream aside because they can't find the right style wheels and they assume that they are not available. Were these wheels available, some of those guys at least, would be willing to buy them. Just food for thought and some things that you may already have considered, but perhaps are worthy of second thought. I may have overlooked a source or two that is out there, but competition is not a bad thing and it looks as if you produce a very nice product.

• 4 months later...

Nice wheels sir. Are you making any like this

PB074021_zpsa050a6d2.jpg

for those of us not building 90's chevs? These would be applicable probably from the fifties to the eighties Ford, Chev and Dodge. Some nice 750-16s would be nice to find in both grip or smooth...

mike

• 2 weeks later...