Model Cars Magazine Forum

James Bond 71 Mustang Mach1

mangodart

Very nice Mustang and good job on the detail upgrades. Now you just need the AMT Ford Interceptor kit and build one of the police cars that chased the Mustang in the movie:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_56957-Ford-Custom-1970.html

I really like this. Nice job. I like the full red hood as well. I am trying to build a replica of my uncles car and I need those wheels. Where did you get those?

AMT´s Deora show car has deep dish wheels with small moon hubcaps included. They look pretty much the same as the wheels used on this build. I´ll use them for my take on the Eleanor Mustang.

I really like this. Nice job. I like the full red hood as well. I am trying to build a replica of my uncles car and I need those wheels. Where did you get those?

Thanks for these comments, those wheels were the one furnished by AMT on the original 71 issue ;)

Ah, the miracle mustang! Why a miracle? Next time you watch the movie, pay close attention to the scene were it drives into the alley up on two wheels because it is too narrow to drive through on all four. It goes in on the right side tires and comes out of the alley on the left side tires. :blink: Half way through they spliced in a interior shot where they change sides. Pretty neat trick Mr. Bond!

Edited by Pete J.

• 10 months later...