Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes "Blue Wonder" Transporter: 1/28/14 "Outside" photos posted

Absolutely MAGNIFICENT!!! Those wire wheels will look great once you remove the chrome and paint them metalic silver, these where not chromed on the real cars..and are one of the few exceptions which I am glad of that, the 300-SLR look much more atractive thst way...in my personal opinion and taste. Once more SUPEB master class on scale modeling is shown in your Mercedes race team project, can't wait to see it finish.

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do apprecieate them :) …….the body has been primmered and the body work finished…….it is painted PPG Deltron DBC Silver……I also applied the decals but,they had a yellow/brownish border and I knew if I applied them like that they would look nasty……..so I cut each number seperate and cut the yellow/brownish border off each number……..I think the results look pretty good …….I will give it a coat of clear today…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9233_zpsa0a39f46.jpg

DSCF9232_zps6766f585.jpg

DSCF9241_zpsb6643047.jpg

DSCF9237_zpsc0125755.jpg

DSCF9235_zps13a0d717.jpg

DSCF9240_zps23d1a1cf.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello……thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) …….I modified and detailed the dash…….I painted the steering wheel a wood grain look……..all the body trim was stripped and painted Alclad……..the body was clear coated…….and is attached to the chassis …….I will add the wheels and headlights tonight…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9252_zpse518534f.jpg

DSCF9251_zps704a883a.jpg

DSCF9242_zpsb9716b1d.jpg

DSCF9244_zpsae89c804.jpg

DSCF9250_zpse9907d4b.jpg

DSCF9246_zpsd39adbd1.jpg

Hello…….thanks guys so much for the kind comments……..really means allot :) ……..I got the wheels on…….got the headlights on…….I`m just about finished with this build……I should have it finished in time for the Grand Nationals Roadster Show……...I just need to put on the windshield ,transporter plates and make some tie downs………thanks for looking

DSCF9264_zpsbef55fd5.jpg

DSCF9267_zps7ff7d7a0.jpg

DSCF9290_zpsca73c162.jpg

DSCF9271_zps7c4a02a8.jpg

DSCF9294_zps3ef3137e.jpg

DSCF9268_zps154edbcd.jpg

Edited by John Teresi