Model Cars Magazine Forum
John Teresi

Mercedes "Blue Wonder" Transporter: 1/28/14 "Outside" photos posted

Coming along very nicely John. It is so nice to have another one of your builds to follow.

Coming along very nicely John. It is so nice to have another one of your builds to follow.

just caught wind of this one and browsed through it. Your ability to pick interesting subjects is unrivaled. Great progress so far. Looks like you changed your plan on the engine cover hinges.

John are you winging the suspension on this one or do you have some pics or drawings you are working from?

As always, inspiring work.

Great Progress John!

Wonderful Detailing... B)

John are you winging the suspension on this one or do you have some pics or drawings you are working from?

As always, inspiring work.

Hi Rob……….Both…….I found a picture on the web of a "Blue Wonder" die cast……..it shows the bottom of the chassis…….like I always say……..it won`t be perfect…….but,good enough for the girls I go with :D ……..thanks

cmc036_04under960_zps364903b9.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Guess I've been hiding under a rock 'cause i just discovered this with the help of MasterCaster, who pointed me in the right direction.

John - you definitely don't disappoint. This is such a stellar build so far. What a unique and interesting subject matter.

Even though you're the one building this, I'm having fun just watching! :)

Hi Rob……….Both…….I found a picture on the web of a "Blue Wonder" die cast……..it shows the bottom of the chassis…….like I always say……..it won`t be perfect…….but,good enough for the girls I go with :D ……..thanks

cmc036_04under960_zps364903b9.jpg

Hey John still hangin' with the same girls, heh!

I heard you started up a new project, took awhile to find it

lookin' good and I love it...right up my alley

it is one weird lookin' truck though

just curious...was this hauler used in Europe or the States, cuz it says "Maximum Speed 105 MPH"...me think the Euros liked their kilometers! :huh:

Although it was used to haul to races in Europe, it was used in the US from 1960 to 67. I think when it was ordered scraped that was done in Florida.

I don't think it was scraped. I think it was scrapped. ;)

I don't think it was scraped. I think it was scrapped. ;)

It might've got "scraped" a little while it was being "scrapped"... :wacko:

If it was in Florida, it could have been scraped, scrapped and made into scrapple! :P

If it was in Florida, it could have been scraped, scrapped and made into scrapple! :P

MMMMMMM………sounds tasty :D

Makes me wonder........... I think I now know why every ones excited about the neighbor woman working as a striper... :huh:

The carrier portion of the Blue Wonder narrows significantly. Are there hidden ramps/plates to put in there to get a car on or off?

Hello…….I painted and assembled the front and rear suspension……..I still need to add the brake lines and steering assembly,and I will add some airbrush weathering to the chassis…….like I said ……it`s not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with…….thanks for looking.

DSCF8739_zpscda4ccdf.jpg

DSCF8741_zps22291aab.jpg

DSCF8736_zps6fe19c0f.jpg

DSCF8734_zpsaedc8d1e.jpg

DSCF8731_zps70682b9c.jpg

DSCF8727_zps854ba7ef.jpg

Edited by John Teresi