Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paul Walker R.I.P.

randx0

I truely wanted this to be a hoax. In fact, I discovered there was aparantly a hoax about a week ago indicating he was dead then. My wife kept telling me it was coming from TMZ. The local news channel reTweeted TMZ and then followed up by saying he was still alive and that they would never reTweet TMZ again. I told her to just calm down and we would turn it over to the news channels and see. Sure enough, there it was on Fox News. And I must say, it was a very dirty thing they did. They showed about a 20-30 spot on it, then cut to this scene with Porsches and other European cars talking about criminals in politics. Real suave editing on some jerk's part. NEWS FLASH TO FOX. Be more respectful, the guy was killed in a Porsche! <_<

From everything I have ever heard, he was an ordinary guy who just happened to have an extraordinary life. He was an established actor, respected business owner, and, most importantly, involved humanitarian. The first couple Fast and Furious movies were a partial inspiration for me to get deeply involved in car shows and car clubs. I will always associate that with Paul Walker. Although they will probably never see this, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family fans, and friends. :(

Edited by Skydime

They're going to be doing a tribute cruise locally . I don't know who "they" are specifically but I saw it on the news . Word on the street is it may have been a street race , if so I hope someone will learn from this.

One of their friends said that Ron just wanted Paul to go for a ride in the car and they went for, what was supposed to be, a short ride around the block. No streetrace. Although, being a race car driver and an actor who's a car guy and known for fast cars as the passengers, that's probably how the rumor started "on the street".

Also, I have been doing some research. Initial research was coming up with sticky accelerators, which turned out to be not true. From what I have come to understand, this was a six owner car and was currently owned by AE (Always Evolving). For those that do not know, AE is the performance shop owned by Roger Rodas, driver of the Porsche in the terrible tradgedy, and Paul Walker. The popular believe on this particular model Porsche is that is handles very strangely, unlike anything else. Even expert drivers have issues with it. Considering six owners and a professional driver crashed in it, this would explain things.

We have someone that used to be a detective or something that used to investigate things like this. Who was it, Dano? Whoever it is, I'd sure like to get his input as well as the input of an expert on that particular car. I'm still curious how the thing burst into flames.

Edited by Skydime

Another news article in today's newspaper about Paul Walker's death. But rest assured Fast & Furious fans that the "show" will go on as they already have started on #7 to be released in July of next year, and there's money to be made. Who will replace Paul Walker? I have no idea, but someone will, and you can take that to the bank.