Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Carrera GT:Paul Walker Tribute build

Tompidom

Well most of you probably have seen all of the Fast and Furious movie's, I know i have seen all of the most of them more then once. And I just can't let the passinf of a great movie star go by without doing anything.
So i will be building the Carrera Gt he passed away in as a tribute. Maybe some of you would like to join me in this build. Feel free to do so. You can post your wips in this thread.
Ill start with mine
PorscheCarreraGT001_zpsa2030d26.jpg
PorscheCarreraGT002_zpsabded5c2.jpg
PorscheCarreraGT003_zps63ba0110.jpg
I have orderd the CF template set from hiroboy.com
7018_zpscf400637.jpg
Also i orderd a PE set
8018_full_zps90ec553e.jpg
And Porsche Guards Red
porsche-zeropaints-_zps380eca47.jpg
And this is the car I will be replecating
Carrera-GT-Front_zps568534c3.jpg
Carrera-GT-Side_zps401179a7.jpg
ku-xlarge_zpsf3389e46.jpg
Edited by Tompidom

This was sad, just as he was getting to be well known in the acting world, he wasn't given enough credit with his acting talent. I see alot of mega famous actors that can best be described as hacks, but was at least mostly believable in the F&F films.

40 though man the guy is older then I am and I thought I was a good 8-10 years older then he was. Dude looked WAY young.

This should be a great tribute to Paul,I am a huge fan of the fnf movies,I know alot of the stuff in the movies could never happen but they were such kool movies and Paul,to me was a great actor and will be missed. I have the eclipse and the supra from the first movie and as i heard the news of his death I thought I'd build them as a tribute to Paul.

This should be cool...

The "Little Bastard", car James Dean was killed in (interestingly, also a Porsche - a 550 Spyder), became hugely popular as a replica after he died...

I wonder if we'll start seeing more of these red GT Carreras with black wheels now?

I hope your project turns out a nice tribute :)

Are you also going to replicate the car's license plate?

Apparently, this photo of Paul getting into the Porsche was taken just moments before the crash occurred...

PaulWalkerDead-2_zps694538c6.jpg

Edited by PowerPlant

Maybe rally some interest in a community Paul Walker tribute build? Sort of like a way for car guys to pay tribute to a car guy. And I am not too familiar with the racing career of Roger Rodas but, for anyone that is, maybe build some of his rides as well.

EDIT

Didn't know one was already in progress

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82270

Edited by Skydime

Tom, pretty scary we both had the same idea. I was perusing for this kit today and I just now saw this.

No problem, The more the marier, Would love to see someone else build it. I am building it for me and I hope that won't stop you from building it fro yourself!