Model Cars Magazine Forum

Haha that pete cabs pretty heavy i have to get some new rear axles for the kw so i think i'll get a snap w900 for that and maybe put the pete on that frame using the stock cat that comes in the kit anf paint it white and a mettalic purple or pink and name it the love machine and use up all that sleeper space with a king size bed or something custom 70's van style

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The AMT KW K-123 has a Hendrickson Walking Beam suspension, same as the AMT KW W-925 (wich in fact is a 923, a 925 had torsion bar suspension and the AMT W-925 kit had that in the beginning but was later changed to a Walking Beam).
​Otherwise the scale is the same but the cab for the K-123 is a bit shorter than the K-100 Aerodyne cabs, most of the K-100 Aerodyne cabs were built on the V.I.T. cab and are equivalent to 108 inches on a real truck and the K-123 cab is equivalent to 86 inches...so the AMT K-123 cab is 22 scale inches shorter than the AMT and Revell K-100 Aerodyne...and that'll be around 22 millimeters in 1:25 scale (about 7/8").

Edited by Force

Oh ok thanks i think im just gonna pack it away for right now untill i get a frame and can find a new cab to put the top on because this cab is kinda done for maybe one of these days i'll get it all done up the top should go right on the rog flat top k100 right ?

Yes, the Aerodyne top fits on the flat top Revell AG K-100 as it's also a 108 inch cab...but both are kind of hard to find for decent money right now as it was sometime since they were out last.

• 1 month later...