Model Cars Magazine Forum

JamesW

I was originally building this for my oldest daughter, as she is in love with this car. I didn't go into much detail with it, pretty much just the outside is accurate, other than I didn't dullcoat the wheels. I say "tribute (sort of)" in the title because it's not replicated EXACTLY to the movie car, but the next one will be.

Ironically, I finished this on 11/30/2013 at around 6:30pm, which would make it 3:30pm in California, right around the time of Paul Walker's death. That kinda freaked me out.

I completed this with a memorial picture I made in MSN Paint. This will still go to my daughter, and I will build another one, along with a few of the other cars he drove in the movies.

post-3211-0-54702000-1386183043_thumb.jppost-3211-0-76124700-1386183053_thumb.jppost-3211-0-22940100-1386183069_thumb.jppost-3211-0-59672400-1386183082_thumb.jp

Edited by JamesW

Thanks guys. Paul Walker was one of my favorite actors and it's sad to realize that there will be no more movies with him. I plan to build quite a few of his movie cars to honor him.

James, I remember him being in another movie where he had like, a 65 Mustang convertible or a similar model Mustang. I've been thinking of building it but, I can't remember the name of the movie to look up the car. Heck, I don't even remember the plot...just he has a Mustang in it.

I had the Eclipse to build but, somewhere along the way, a box with this and a few other kits has managed to disappear from my house.

Edited by Skydime

James, I remember him being in another movie where he had like, a 65 Mustang convertible or a similar model Mustang. I've been thinking of building it but, I can't remember the name of the movie to look up the car. Heck, I don't even remember the plot...just he has a Mustang in it.

I had the Eclipse to build but, somewhere along the way, a box with this and a few other kits has managed to disappear from my house.

man... fast & furious tokyo drift is the movie u r looking for...

Nicely done rendition of a less than great kit.

I'm seriously considering gluing the hood shut on mine because of the poor engine.The turbocharger's not even connected to the exhaust manifold!

The engine is all wrong in the kit. The exhaust on the 1:1 runs off the front of the engine, the kit is on the rear. The next one I build I'll use the Revell kit.

This might help.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908094/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Nice eclipse. i hope i catch your 'accurate build' version.

The movie was "Running Scared"

and here it is:

http://imcdb.org/vehicle_35728-Ford-Mustang-1967.html

looks like a worthwhile project

• 2 months later...

The movie you looking for is " running scared"

• 4 weeks later...