Model Cars Magazine Forum

Expressions of interest in new range of vintage trucks !

On 1/31/2015 at 10:29 PM, fractalign said:

Hey Tom.

Sorry for the late reply, I literally have not logged in for almost a month. Despite the lack of posts I have not stopped working on the trucks. A car accident last year left me with a broken wrist and since then there have been other distractions to contend with as well. I have decided to focus on the 32 BB Ford truck rather than the AA at the moment.Earlier in the month I finished off the cab and fenders, and the bonnet sides are almost ready to mould. One thing that has been hampering this project since day one was how I would go about making the larger drum brakes. Well I came up with a solution and I hope have them finished in the next day or so. The chassis has had all the cross members added and it just needs surface finishing before I mould it as well.

This has been a mammoth undertaking and my desire to get everything right has meant that each task has taken far longer than anticipated. I am finally at the stage where I am happy with how everything looks and the only remaining task after finishing the brakes and chassis will be to complete the diff and rear leaf springs. Once I have done this I can begin casting. I am not sure how long it will be before that happens but once it does I will post up the finished prototype and focus and the promotion.

Cheers,

Rob.

Hope you are healing well. The older I get(now 75) the slower stuff heals. Sounds like things are headed in the right direction on these great kits. Be sure to spread the word when you have them available.