Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Silverado 4x4 TrailTruck

I'm not sure if I ever posted this here or not but this is a build I did back in 2008. Mods include : 4x4 conversion, cage, front bumper, 4 link front and back, coil overs, fuel cell, brake lines, plumbed engine, and weathering.

This is my favorite build that I have done and I try to top it each time. Thanks for looking!

Picture047.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture051.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Picture044.jpg

Picture088-1.jpg

Kevin, I thought it was a real truck when l first opened the post. Great build, very realistic and weathering. Not over done and great photos also...

Kevin, I have to second what Carl said, I thought is was a real truck at first, man that is OUTSTANDING, you will be hard pressed to top that with your next build!!! Great job on the weathering, excellent photography and I assume that is real mud?? :)

Thanks everyone!

Kevin, I have to second what Carl said, I thought is was a real truck at first, man that is OUTSTANDING, you will be hard pressed to top that with your next build!!! Great job on the weathering, excellent photography and I assume that is real mud?? :)

Yes it is real mud, I used a tooth brush to apply it and to give it a spray pattern.

Heres a link the build on Scale Auto. If its a problem posting a link to another forum let me know and I will remove it. Thanks

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/33/t/66661.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome build!

I, too, thought it was a real 1:1 until the pic of it on its side. Thanks for including that one, or I still wouldn't be certain!

Likewise. Pooling through your thread with one eye on the TV, I wasn't reading closely and I thought it was real... until it was tipped. Not just a nod to your build but your photos too.