Model Cars Magazine Forum

a few bad months in Wisconsin

jphillips1970

Most of you know me as jphillips1970 A simple person on could almost call me down to earth knd of modeler where very little time can be used on building/creating let a long trying to struggle with the death of three family members all within less then nine months - Most recent was my mother which was yesterday AM - The 2nd death was the of father--law in the latter part of Aug, Both of wish had some health/medical issues that influenced their deaths The last family member was the first to leave us She was but 53 years young that makes her loss the most important one of all Most all of us have someone to push us on when the building gets tough She was my driver when it was time to push me into building something real simple or to create one from several kits We all have people who help us become better builders over time My helper was my wife Jayne who passed away on the 14th of March this year - A day I will never forget It was our 32 wedding anniversary to the day

What I'm trying to say here is simple Enjoy the building aspect of the hobby but don't forget those little suggestions from those around you Someday they may be gone and that's the starting blocks into ending a great pass time of building and creating models - Never be afraid to ask for help or ideas It will always be your project but maybe a bit of help from an angle

My angle has been gone for almost 9 months and I do struggle building but I wouldn't be building at all with out her sitting right next to me at the old work bench wanted me to move forward and forward I shall go into the year 2014 and I shall not let her down

I'm so sorry to hear about the year you have had jphillips. I can't imagine how tough it must be, but please try to stay positive and keep pushing on. I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you, so just remember that better things lay ahead, and we all hate to hear about things like this happening to good people. I wish you the best of luck going forward, and here's to a happier 2014.

Must be a tough year for you, I feel really bad for your loss. I myself have been married for almost 34 years I can't even imagine what your going though. I had heart failure 2 years ago and just makes you think what is important in life. You are in all out thoughts and prayers.

Hi Joe...very very sorry for your losses and the kind of year you have been having...my prayers are with you all as always buddy. You have so many brothers in plastic who are more than willing to be there for you....me included. I myself had had very rough times...building and brother builders are a great resource and comfort in these times that challenge us. keep the faith brother.

VERY sorry to hear of your losses Joe as I know how it feels to lose someone close. I really can't imagine losing my better half though, and it happens to many people everyday and somehow they survive. Good luck to you and hang in there as it's gonna take some time, how much nobody knows for sure.

Although I cannot imagine what it is like to be in your shoes Joe.....I am thankful you chose to share what has happened to you, that took a lot! Never be afraid to share your burden with us Joe......you aint heavy, you're our brother. Keep up the faith and God bless your strong soul! Forge on Brother!

• 1 month later...