Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda - Lime Light - Finished Pics

RandyB.

I picked up this new Revell release a few days ago and it looks to be a great kit. I think Revell got the lines and dimensions right this time. I'm no Mopar expert but it looks right to me. I decided to paint it in "Lime Light" (Plymouth) code J5 using Model Master "Sublime Green" (Dodge) code J5. Interior will be black to give it the aggressive look. Stay tuned for more.

Pictures1333_zpsc05d4776.jpg

Pictures1334_zpsd19a561d.jpg

Pictures1335_zpsaeabeebe.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Looking good Randy! That argent colored shaker scoop is really going to pop against that green. I wonder why the base of it has an off set opening?

If you would be interested in trading the custom wheels and tires, please send me a PM.

Edited by plowboy

Likely be building one myself soon. Nice clean paint job. Well done.

So the shaker and grill are molded in that silver? How does it look? Will you be repainting or gonna go with that?

Rob,

i'm pretty sure all parts are white except for the chrome tree and the tail lights. i bought this kit last week and have been trying not to start yet another project.

Likely be building one myself soon. Nice clean paint job. Well done.

So the shaker and grill are molded in that silver? How does it look? Will you be repainting or gonna go with that?

Everything is molded in white. I painted the grille and shaker hood.

Rob,

i'm pretty sure all parts are white except for the chrome tree and the tail lights. i bought this kit last week and have been trying not to start yet another project.

Tail lights are molded all together with the chrome bezel and have to be painted red.

Looking good Randy! That argent colored shaker scoop is really going to pop against that green. I wonder why the base of it has an off set opening?

If you would be interested in trading the custom wheels and tires, please send me a PM.

nice start. great color. will be a sweet build, I haven't got my hands on one as of yet..... I will !!

hey Roger, the offset is because most engines all sit off to one side because of the ring and pinion location. the offset hole keeps the shaker in the center of the hood for esthetics.

Randy great looking paint and finish n the body. Glad to see you building. I always enjoy seeing your work.....

Thanks everyone for the great comment thus so far! :). I am enjoying this build since I have always liked the 1970 Barracuda's. Carl I'm glad to be back building. Had to stop back in July because of debilitating headaches that plagued me for over three months. I had three builds on the go that still need to be finished when the headaches hit. Hopefully I will get them done over the winter.

Edited by RandyB.