Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda - Lime Light - Finished Pics

RandyB.

Randy I think originally the Lime Light cars if they had a painted front bumper the rear would still be chrome. I think either way looks good.

A ft rubber bumper could be had with a chrome rear or rubber rear

But a rubber rear was ONLY avail with a rubber front

Interior build looks great but it looks like Revell really screwed up on the shape of the dash

Console looks like a decent representation of a '71-'74 B/E piece

Looks like they went to the trouble of providing a "fish" emblem as found on the rim-blow steering wheel center but use a standard woodgrain wheel?

Thanks guys for the great comments and for following my topic.

Okay I got the BMF on tonight. Thought it would take two days to apply but things went smoother than normal so I was able to finish it in one day. Have a look and see what you think and thanks for your input on this topic so far.

Pictures1357_zpsbf787a87.jpg

Pictures1359_zps526ea7af.jpg

Pictures1360_zps6f26a4f6.jpg

Thanks guys for the great comments and for following my topic.

Okay I got the BMF on tonight. Thought it would take two days to apply but things went smoother than normal so I was able to finish it in one day. Have a look and see what you think and thanks for your input on this topic so far.

Pictures1357_zpsbf787a87.jpg

Pictures1359_zps526ea7af.jpg

Pictures1360_zps6f26a4f6.jpg

Randy - terrific job on the BMF - particularly around the tailamp blackout cove and the wheel well moldings. I am thoroughly impressed! TIM

Interior build looks great but it looks like Revell really screwed up on the shape of the dash

Looks like they went to the trouble of providing a "fish" emblem as found on the rim-blow steering wheel center but use a standard woodgrain wheel?

Chris = what's wrong with the shape of the dash?

I believe the Revell steering wheel replicates the color keyed interior steering wheel, not the Rim Blow or woodgrained wheel. Accordingly, the fish emblem on the decals sheet is correct for that wheel, unless you are building an interior in one of other, non-black trim colors, in which case the black background on the emblem doesn't work. I thought most 'cudas had the optional woodgrain steering wheel, but going back through my library when I did my two builds, most 'cudas had the color-keyed wheel that is in the Revell kit.

Thanks..TIM

Thanks Charlie, Stephan and Ron.

I have been messing with the grille all day and finally got it finished. It took a steady hand to paint the red line in the center of the grille. Hard to believe you can spend a whole day on such a small part. Tomorrow I will install the front elastomeric bumper since it needs another day to dry. Also I put another coat of semi-gloss black on the rear cove to darken it up a bit. Decided to hand paint the script " 'Cuda " on the rear since the decal would not likely show up as well.

Pictures1361_zps2436d957.jpg

Pictures1363_zps1c1fa56b.jpg

Pictures1364_zps9d979fb7.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Some of the best foil work I've seen.

This is coming out nicely.

Charlie Larkin

I'll second that! No matter how well engineered a kit can be, it takes "the touch" of a good builder to make them stand out. Your foil work on this build is really impressive. And the grill work....paint...assembly....

Can't wait to see how you finish her up. Looks great so far! B)

Thanks Charlie, Stephan and Ron.

I have been messing with the grille all day and finally got it finished. It took a steady hand to paint the red line in the center of the grille. Hard to believe you can spend a whole day on such a small part. Tomorrow I will install the front elastomeric bumper since it needs another day to dry. Also I put another coat of semi-gloss black on the rear cove to darken it up a bit. Decided to hand paint the script " 'Cuda " on the rear since the decal would not likely show up as well.

Pictures1361_zps2436d957.jpg

Randy...great job on the red grille stripe....exactly how did you do that again???? Also...excellent catch on the lower front roll pan opening insert being painted silver...I bet most 'cuda builds will miss that step. TIM

Randy...great job on the red grille stripe....exactly how did you do that again???? Also...excellent catch on the lower front roll pan opening insert being painted silver...I bet most 'cuda builds will miss that step. TIM

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Tim I used a very fine paint brush and some Tamiya acrylic red brush paint. The red line was painted free hand. I just made sure I didn't drink too much coffee prior to painting!

Edited by RandyB.