Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin '66-'77 Ford Bronco from Gregg

Has anyone heard anything more on the availability of the resin Bronco that Gregg teased us with back in October? The link in the pinned post does not contain anything new and I never could find the first 5 kits on eBay.

I am interested in buying one of these but my interest is fading.

Any information is appreciated.

Cool. I have an original Cheesecast from back in the day. I'm hoping that Gregg offers the half cab version soon. I need one of those. My high school had that as their utility vehicle. And for cross country the coach would have the custodian drive and he'd sit in the back and watch us all run behind him. Man we hated that truck! LOL

I guess I better learn how to read, I thought the deal was to sell 5 on eBay and the rest were going to be sold through the website. I kept checking the pinned post and website for updates as it originally stated they would have ordering information soon.

Thanks for posting the eBay links. I am not an "eBay-er" so I guess I can put the $50 towards something else............

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First off, I'm not a resin caster, but have built tons of resin models, including figures, so I know that there is gonna be some work on my part of the build. This thing is from a big name caster that looks just like the resin one that is copied from a toy.

I don't mind paying for quality castings like those from the Modelhaus or Bandit resins( they just came to mind) but $55 for something heavy-handed or rushed just doesn't cut it. I have purchased several bodies from this caster over the years with the same results. It's a shame coz they have some cool bodies that no one else makes, in which I won't buy from any more. To me, I feel like there is no quality control...it's just, hey hurry up and put it out. I'm probably gonna catch some flak for this, but I did not name the caster. If you bought one, then you know who they are. This is just my opinion. I am just gonna hope & pray that Moebius grants us with an all new plastic kit of one! :-)

A fellow forum member helped me out and bought one for me as I am not a regular on eBay and PayPal like him.We were both disappointed at the quality and who the caster is as well.

I will do my best to build this up as best I can but mine seems to be in need of some work. I hope to start cleaning the kit up and getting it ready for paint in the coming month.

I agree with your Moebius comment, they could be our hope for a styrene kit!

I am sorry but glad I read this. I was seriously considering buying this kit. I noticed one on ebay. I always liked this first Bronco but after reading this no way will I lay out 50 or more dollars for this kit. Thanks guys. Just another good reason to read this forum.

I really like this style Bronco, have owned a couple real ones and have another real one to rebuild someday so I took a chance on one of these resin bodies. I'm not really pleased with it, kinda rough, gonna take a lot of work to be nice. I have purchased some other resins that are really nice for this kind of money. I don't know much about resin casting but it sure looks like the master could be really nice with some more work and a new mold made ? I know there is a market for these !

• 4 weeks later...