Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

Right now I would trade places with most of you!

Current air temp is -24 below zero, with a NW wind at around 25 mph, gusting into the 30s, making the wind chill at around -56 below.

Air temp is headed down to around -36 below zero tonight.

I live in the "warmer" part of the region.

Steve

I left home about 8:30 am yesterday. As I drove out of the garage the cars thermometer said it was 45 degrees, that would have been inside the garage. Within about 100 yards it was down to 0 and stopped at -3 degrees. Did the driving I had to do and got to the market about 11:30. Very light snow, more like dust could be seen. When I left the market about 20 minutes later it was almost a white out but only about a quarter of was starting to stick. It was like being inside one of those glass globes that you shack up to activate a snow seen inside. Still minus temps but the snow ended after about an hour, just enough so that drivers had an excuse for running into each other on the road.  

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:23 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Right now I would trade places with most of you!

Current air temp is -24 below zero, with a NW wind at around 25 mph, gusting into the 30s, making the wind chill at around -56 below...

A woman on another forum posted a photo of her car's thermometer yesterday morning, on her way to work.  She lives in the Minneapolis area, I think.  The outside temp displayed was -30 degrees F.

• 9 months later...

Supposed to get 2-5 inches here in the Cleveland south suburbs tonight and more tomorrow.     It's been raining since early afternoon, changing to flurries now...  yard guys were here yesterday and got the leaves into two huge piles on the tree lawn for pickup, going to be a soggy mess now. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Saturday morning I woke up at my daughter's house in New Jersey. My friend pulled up to pick me up to go to the Liars Show on Long Island.  As I got my models out, my car was covered with frost. It was F- cold!   I was happy to get into his already warm car!

Then it warmed up.  Today in the Philly suburbs we were working outside without coats.  Tomorrow is supposed to be good, then the rest of the week is questionable!

Yesterday we got little more than a dusting too .25 inches. I had to go to the Dentists office in the morning. While not much snow it was blowing and hard to see, people driving like their hair was on fire, wrecks on both side of the freeway. I got off on to the side roads for the last few miles and felt much safer. Should there be an impact it would lessen the damage. Just enough snow that the tires could get a little traction unlike the highways where the traffic was actually packing the light snow and turning it to ice. The thermometer showed 8 degrees this morning. That's pretty cold for around here, but at least the sun is out and the pavement will warm enough to melt off any ice today.   

Just a damp dreary day here in Eastern Pennsylvania.  It's about 34 degrees out and it will over high 20s to low 30s through tomorrow, then back up into the 40s.  The weekly leaf and stick pickup is tomorrow so I was out bagging stuff this morning and hauling the past few days worth to the curb.  My hand truck metal handle is cold!  

2 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

They are supposed to be doing leaf pickup this week in my neighborhood, but all the piles out front up and down the street are under snow now..  and there is still plenty of leaves on the trees...

at least you can blow them to the curb.  In my town you have to bag 'em!  What a royal pain in the tail.