Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question for Mopar "knowitalls"

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would the Dodge Go Mango color be the same color used in Plymouths to duplicate Vitamin C or are they a different shade? I thought Vitamin C was kinda of a more redish hue?

Posted · Report post

The High Impact colors used back then were the same for both Challenger and Barracuda, just different names.

Art

Posted · Report post

Wow, didn't think it was basically the same color but with a different name. Thank you guys!!!!

Posted · Report post

Very common with all corporations. Many colors were common to Chevys, Pontiacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles, but listed under different names. Cadillac often had unique colors. Same went on at FOMOCO: same colors on Fords, Edsels, Mercurys, and Lincolns, just different names.

Similarly, many times colors were dropped at one point but reintroduced in another model year with a different name.

Drill down to the color codes, or use a cross-reference chart like the one Tubbs provided, and you might be amazed.

Posted · Report post

Go Mango / Vitamin-C were both EK2 .

Special Order colour in 1969 , regular production colour for 1970 , then it was gone forever by 1971 .

Posted · Report post

Go Mango / Vitamin-C were both EK2 .

Special Order colour in 1969 , regular production colour for 1970 , then it was gone forever by 1971 .

Were the '71s available in that color? I painted a '71 Hemi 'Cuda Go Mango and really like the color. I never have been able to commit to putting the billboard decals on the quarter panels though. I like the look it has without them. But, at the same time, it looks wrong.

Posted · Report post

Were the '71s available in that color? I painted a '71 Hemi 'Cuda Go Mango and really like the color. I never have been able to commit to putting the billboard decals on the quarter panels though. I like the look it has without them. But, at the same time, it looks wrong.

No, Go Mango/Vitamin C were discontinued at the end of the 1970 model year.

Art

Posted · Report post

I use autocolor library it gives you the paint # and can match it up to other GM, Ford, or Mopar brands easily. I found the my 1-1 scale 71 Buick Sportwagon is painted Cortez Gold, first year color for Buick but same color was available on the '70 Oldsmobiles.

I know that Scale Auto did an article on Mopar colors, listing whens, what years, etc.

Tim