Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question for Mopar "knowitalls"

Very common with all corporations. Many colors were common to Chevys, Pontiacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles, but listed under different names. Cadillac often had unique colors. Same went on at FOMOCO: same colors on Fords, Edsels, Mercurys, and Lincolns, just different names.

Similarly, many times colors were dropped at one point but reintroduced in another model year with a different name.

Drill down to the color codes, or use a cross-reference chart like the one Tubbs provided, and you might be amazed.

Go Mango / Vitamin-C were both EK2 .

Special Order colour in 1969 , regular production colour for 1970 , then it was gone forever by 1971 .

Were the '71s available in that color? I painted a '71 Hemi 'Cuda Go Mango and really like the color. I never have been able to commit to putting the billboard decals on the quarter panels though. I like the look it has without them. But, at the same time, it looks wrong.

Were the '71s available in that color? I painted a '71 Hemi 'Cuda Go Mango and really like the color. I never have been able to commit to putting the billboard decals on the quarter panels though. I like the look it has without them. But, at the same time, it looks wrong.

No, Go Mango/Vitamin C were discontinued at the end of the 1970 model year.

Art

I use autocolor library it gives you the paint # and can match it up to other GM, Ford, or Mopar brands easily. I found the my 1-1 scale 71 Buick Sportwagon is painted Cortez Gold, first year color for Buick but same color was available on the '70 Oldsmobiles.

I know that Scale Auto did an article on Mopar colors, listing whens, what years, etc.

Tim