mustang1989

Thanks for the add!

Some preliminary sub-assemblies, plus the manual to show what I am building:

20140211_221354_zps91a45a62.jpg

Joint parts painted in Testors Titanium Metallizer:

CAM00134_zps7c9f117e.jpg

White sub-assemblies, waiting for paint:

20140309_190749_zps99d9d5d7.jpg

Not shown are the white parts currently in primer.

This will be a straight from the box build. I usually do custom paint schemes for my Gundam models, but I will stick with the white for this one. On top of that, I plan to apply a clearcoat with some Pearl-Ex interference gold mixed in. The pilot of this particular mobile suit is supposed to be a flamboyant, hot-dog type, and I wanted to reflect that.

I finished up the Soviet Aerosan today. First military model I have built in a very long time. I need to relearn how to weather better but I think it turned out fair. I will work more on the diorama to place this on now and when done or as I work on it you can see it in the diorama section if interested. Comments pro or con are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

aerosandone001_zpsd424ad04.jpg

aerosandone002_zps5069aa91.jpg

aerosandone003_zps29d889dd.jpg

aerosandone004_zpsbaa3077b.jpg

Ray, I think your Aerosan came out looking really good!

X2, that's a sweet looking build there. I am waiting to see that on a base. The weathering looks good from here.

Danny it's good to see you here. I really like Gundam but don't know squat about the story lines. I want to build those "early war" land vehicles like the two barrelled tank and such. I just have to find them.

RK that big blue beastie is quite a piece ain't it?

BTW what "scale" are these Gundams? I'm assuming 1/144th?

G

Edited by Agent G

I'd like to join. Thanks to Wayne [AgentG] for inviting me. I've discovered a new world in part due to DrCranky and his video blog about Ma.K. If you don't know about Maschinen Kreiger it's possible you are missing out on some of the coolest stuff to come down the pike. I'll spare you who are not interested in the history lesson of Ma.K but this stuff has loads of potential. In particular is weathering, rust and chipping effects which I plan to use on my builds. I will be building the Kuster & Freidrich kit from Wave Mfg.

2yudrp3.jpg

1/20 scale and detailed to the hilt these kits are not for the faint of heart and they also hurt the wallet quite a bit as well. I have several more kits in my stash already but I was really looking forward to building Kuster [The walker], and eventually Freidrich [the suit] as well. I am expecting this kit this coming week so look for an unboxing and a start.

Bob

Edited by Dragline

Danny it's good to see you here. I really like Gundam but don't know squat about the story lines. I want to build those "early war" land vehicles like the two barrelled tank and such. I just have to find them.

BTW what "scale" are these Gundams? I'm assuming 1/144th?

G

Thanks, Wayne. My kit is 1/144.

Wanye, they're a few different timelines in the Gundam franchise.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_Wiki:Timelines

As for scale they range from 1/48 to 1/2400, there is a 1/12 scale RX-78 Gundam and MS-06S Zaku II but are more along the lines of store displays. The Most common are 1/100 and 1/144 scale.

The RX-178 is in 1/100.

Danny, G-Exes Prime.

27311590d1343761506-g-exes-prime-g_exes_

Edited by Roadkill2525

I'd start with Mobile Suit Gundam and work your way through the UC timeline up Victory Gundam, non-UC series to start with it After War Gundam X, New Mobile Report Gundam Wing or Gundam 00.

There's also a current series Gundam Build Fighters that centers around the Gunpla hobby.

Ok, thanks!

:blink:

:D

G

formula1129:I've got you in on the intro post as well. Another one I haven't seen built. I've seen just about every other Camaro being built but never a 70 ish one. I'll be following close on this as well.

Thanks Joe. Much appreciated. I must say what a great group of members hang out here. This place is pretty cool...............

I feel like I am breaking the rules in building just a car, so to keep me somewhat in the category for this build, I will add a model to go with the Camaro. Since the Baldwin cars were track ready street cars, I will build and put the Camaro up on a custom race hauler. I will modify an AMT Ford C-600 Stake Bed tilt cab truck into a car hauler.

My plans are to somehow incorporate the extra Baldwin stripe decals to the truck, and spray the cab of the truck with the same paint as the car.

If any one has any ideas they would like to shoot my way, please do.

Joe, if you would like to add the truck to my entry subject, feel free, and thank you.

AMT-R2-650-3.jpg

amt-baldwin-motion-chevy-camaro-molded-i

Edited by formula1129

Looking good Ben. I saw that kit at Hobby Lobby the other day and thought of you. I want to see how it good of a kit it is.

MY DECALS ARRIVED TODAY! B)

Hot diggity darn I can get the Pz III L marked and begin the weathering.

The Panzerbefehlswagen got it's fenders mounted today. I also got the Tank Workshop resin bits I was waiting on for this as well. Been a busy day so I'll update tomorrow.

G

Ben:Got your latest build added man! I didn't know that AMT had a stakebed Ford like that. I'll say this for AMT, they offer alot of selection. Don't feel guilty.....just build it! :D

Wayne:Let the good times roll!! Looking forward to seeing the Tank Workshop items you received.

Well I got home from work tonight and my son wanted a word in private with me. It seems he was poking around dads models that were completed and knocked the aerial antenna off and one of the hinged engine access panels was broken free of the glued joint of my Fw190 A8/R2 I completed last year. He felt so bad about it that I didn't want to make him feel worse. I just asked him what we could do to prevent it from happening again, he came up with a good answer and I let it go. So no D-9 progress tonight. The A8 gets the attention/ repairs. lol

Edited by mustang1989

Got my Kuster & Friedrich today. I put the Mongoose kit box in for scale. It's a fairly good sized box jammed with parts.

6rkbc0.jpg

Box is chock full.

18g0sj.jpg

These are multi media kits and come with springs wire and various detailing bits. Screen and some PE are usually included as well. Kuster has well over 100 pieces and Friedrich also has 100 plus. Should be good fun as I fire up the airbrush to battle with Ma.K and bring them to life. The cards you see are camo cards. They indicate which camo configurations some units used and the markings that accompany those units

2rxzj8z.jpg

Bob

Oh Bob that is too cool. I might just have to try me one of those.

Ok boys here she is, photographed as the decals were drying.

DSCF4870_zpsee696b1f.jpg

DSCF4869_zps7a592354.jpg

DSCF4868_zps0adc5ebf.jpg

Panzer Regiment 7, Tunisia 1943. PzRgt 7 was the last of the reinforcements to arrive and fought to the bitter end. They came from Italy with all new equipment so this tank will have a "used but not abused" look.

Here's what I got from Tank Workshop.

DSCF4871_zpsbf42cedd.jpg

DSCF4872_zpsa638c9e2.jpg

I planned on scratchbuilding this box until I found it online for $6.50. The boxes were a common sight on command tanks in Africa so I sent the money as fast as I could. All I did was scratch the mounts.

G

That looks great Wayne. I just bought a buttload of Vallejo acrylics on Amazon after watching their 4 part tank video. The layers and pin washes really do wonders to worn surfaces. I plan on using them on my Kuster build along with chipping and rust/grime washes.

That rail brings it all together in my opinion.

Bob

eBay and Amazon should have a nice cross section of Ma.K to choose from. If you need any help let me know.

Close eh?? hehehe........

I should be starting sometime early next week or perhaps this weekend. I do have one car that needs to be finished that is a commission and I have been dragging my feet with for several months.

That, and I'm waiting for my Vallejo acrylics to arrive. I bought quite a bit of Tamiya paint and also made my own thinner, but the Vallejo paints are the finishing touch for the look I'm going for here. That and i may start building armor which was always in the back of my mind for many years now.

Bob