Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Official 2014 "All the Rest" Community Build-Extended to April 31st

mustang1989

Hey everybody. It seems that there is enough interest and enough folks gathered together to make this build happen.So with that welcome to the 2014 "All the Rest" Community Build. I threw this thing together on a whim due to all the activity that I've noticed over the course of the last couple of months in the "All the Rest" section of this forum and I've gotta say there is some good stuff coming from there. So why not make a community build dedicated to that kind of stuff? I decided to give it a try. I'm not perfect so if I make a mistake , forget somebody or forget to do something lemme know and I'll get it hammered out. Additionally I run a fairly lax set of rules to a community build. All thats asked is that the participants be social and encouraging and if you have the time while posting pics , explain some of your work. I love learning all I can about building plastic models (and sometimes I'm a little slow-especially in the morning-sFun_mornincoffee_zps97291756.gif) and need it broken down for me. The rules are simple and are as follows:

The build dates are now from 01 Feb, 2014 thru 02 Feb, 2015 Now extended to April 31st

1.) Any scale and anything that fits in the "All the Rest" category

2.) Use as many aftermarke items as you want to or none. It's up to you so the sky's the limit here.

3.) Started builds are ok, just try to limit it to about 25% complete. Example:(I build primarily aircraft so this is the only example I have right now): An aircraft build is about 25% complete at the fuselage halves joiined together. If all else fails just use your own judgement on how much 25% complete is.

4.)You can enter at any time within the community build time frame.

5.) Please post pics of progress.

6.) This is the biggie. Be social, encouraging and have fun.

So with that it looks like we have the makings of a fun build here. As particpants finish their builds I'll be posting the completed pictures on a "Wall of Fame" post in the posts that are reserved below. I look forward to seeing you guys here building starting on the first of February.

Here's the list I have so far of the participants and their builds. Again if I get something wrong or forget something or somebody just let me know.

1.) mustang 1989: 1/48 Tamiya Focke Wulf Fw190 D-9

2.) Agent G :1/35 Dragon Sd.Kfz. 265 Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen

2.1) Agent G: 1/35 CyberHobby White Box Panzer III L Trop

2.2) Agent G: 1/35 Panzerbefehlswagen III E

2.3) Agent G: 1/35 Tamiya M4A3 Sherman

3.) the goon: 1/35 Italeri LCM3 Landing Craft

4.) wrecker388: 1.35 Dragon M1A1 A/M Tank

5.) HNTR: 1/12 Yamaha XV1600 Roadstar

6.) Ace-Garageguy: 1/26 Pyro/ Lindberg Gee Bee R1

7.) Zarana-X: Monogram Go-Bot Leader 1

8.) Ira : tentative---9" Martian Flying Saucer / lights

9.) DragLoKustomz619: Revell Mach1 Formula One boat

10.) Eduard Gore: Armor build--TBA

11.) racedriver25: TBA

12.) scalper: 1/48 Revell B-1B Lancer

13.)fantacmet: Polar Lights 1:350 scale Star Trek, The Original Series, USS Enterprise with lighting kit.

14.)cobraman: 1/35 Trumpeter Soviet Aerosan

15.)roadkill2525: RGM-79GS GM Command -HGUC version

16.)formula1129: AMT 1970 Baldwin Motion 1970 Camaro

16.1)forumula1129: AMT Ford C-600 Stake Bed(modified to car hauler)

17.) Danny Lectro:1/144 G-Exes

17.1) Danny Lectro: Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider

17.2) Danny Lectro: Batman's Bat-Pod from The Dark Knight

17.3) Danny Lectro: SA-17 Rapier Zephyr from Kotobukiya's Frame Arms series.

18.) Dragline: Kuster & Freidrich kit from Wave Mfg

19.)David G.: Lost in Space B-9 Robot

20).Danno: 1/48 Revell P-51 Mustang

21) Ira: Martian Flying Saucer

Edited by mustang1989

----------------------------------------------------------------Completed Builds------------------------------------------------------------------

Agent G's 1/35 Dragon Sd.Kfz. 265 Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen

WaynesTrackAgentG_zps3216ff99.jpg

Agent G's Cyberhobby Panzer III L Trop

WaynesPanzerIII_zpsa177000b.jpg

Agent G's Panzerbefehlswagen III E

WaynesCyberhobbyPanzer_zps2a751da2.jpg

Agent G's Tamiya M4A3 Sherman "Applejack"

Applejack_zps7993b3eb.jpg

Cobraman's 1/35 Soviet Aerosan

b2bf2acc-0466-4785-99a8-06a2c616adc3_zps

mustang 1989's Tamiya Fw190 D-9

e563eca2-7aa7-47f0-8299-ed07885db6d1_zps

mustang1989's Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

FinishedPicsII004_zpsea5730cd.jpg

David G's "Lost in Space" B-9 Robot

LostinSpaceRobot_zps4d02e83f.jpg

Danny Lectro's G-Exes

20140517_122744_zps1d94a426.jpg

HNTR's Yamaha XV1600 Roadstar

MarksBike_zps62597da8.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

-----------------------------------------------------Completed Builds-Continued--------------------------------------------------------

Agent G's M4A3 Sherman "King Kong"

WaynesShermanKingKong_zpsf1435811.jpg

Danny Lectro's Battlestar Galactica Cylon Raider

DannyLectrosCylonRaider_zpsea280220.jpg

Danny Lectros Batman Batpod from The Dark Knight

DannyLectrosBatcycle_zps1a1b0441.jpg

Mustang 1989's Bandai 1/48 BMW R75 motorcycle w/side car

Completedbike002_zps70fb185e.jpg

Danny Lectro's SA-17 Rapier Zephyr

DannyLectroslatest_zps0c47fba8.jpg

Zarana-X's Monogram Go Bot Leader 1

102_2643_zpswobugq2n.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Well, I kinda want to start early. My kit has over 700 pieces, and I have other kits that easily fit into this category, so i'm not really sure what to do here. I wanted my older brother (who bought me the kit last Christmas and has been nagging me to build it since) to see it at least partially done over Christmas. If it would be OK to start early, I would like to.

Edited by wrecker388

I have been thinking about it and I would like to change my selection to "The Pierce Doll house". I understand this is way off the beaten path but I bought this for my Granddaughter last year. She is one year old and I would like to get this built before she is too old to play with it and before I have major health issues. She is my baby doll!!!! So I hope this is alright if not let me know. I only started the foundation and it is not glued or even properly put in sequence, Here are some pics.

DSCN2477_zps0c1fa948.jpg

DSCN2478_zps3e852abb.jpg

DSCN2479_zpsefa3dc47.jpg

Edited by HNTR

You know Mark, that's alright! And it fits perfect in the "All the Rest" category. I think its awesome to use this opportunity to do something for someone else. So with that man, you got it! I'll make the change in the roster. Can't wait to see some of the detail youre gonna throw at this!

I hear ya Wayne! I'm wondering if I should initially extend this GB on out for a year due to the complexity of some of the builds that are in here like yours and Rileys. I can do that if it takes some of the pressure off of you guys so you can take your time with the builds. Lemme know.

Good deal Joe. I just think we will get more participation with an extended time frame.

I sat down on my three days off and finished the Panzer I Befehlswagen. Today I basecoated her with Floquil SP Dark Lettering Gray which is a close match for early war Dunkelgrau, Panzer Gray. Floquil airbrushes like a dream and dries hard. The idea was to have this set all month and cure.

I'll post pics this evening.

G

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a teaser from the base paint phase of the Panzer I.

DSCF4708_zps615a57b1.jpg

DSCF4709_zpsfe886881.jpg

The palm tree marking is sprayed on using a really neat set of stencils I got for Christmas. This stencil is about half the size of a postage stamp. I used Tamiya Flat White and my Badger Renegade Velocity. It took longer to mask and mix the paint than it did to actually spray the marking.

G