Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Official 2014 "All the Rest" Community Build-Extended to April 31st

mustang1989

so I bought some guitar string, cut to proper length, painted steel and applied a MIG productions dark wash to the spring.

Never never NEVER buy guitar string unless you play. Almost any shop will be happy to hand you any string fragments. Plus you can always ask on here. I ask at the guitar shops when they are working on a guitar, AND I have some around here already as I play, and I same my old strings for modeling purposes. I don't change out my strings very often, but I have 3 guitars.

What the hell, put me in. I just started this, but I think I only have like 3 parts glued together, and I've just been prepping for some of the lighting kit.

Polar Lights 1:350 scale Star Trek, The Original Series, USS Enterprise with lighting kit.

Now that's what I'm wanting to see!

G

Never never NEVER buy guitar string unless you play. Almost any shop will be happy to hand you any string fragments. Plus you can always ask on here. I ask at the guitar shops when they are working on a guitar, AND I have some around here already as I play, and I same my old strings for modeling purposes. I don't change out my strings very often, but I have 3 guitars.

LOL!! I'll keep that in mind about the guitar string Mike! I'll get you down on the list good buddy! Glad to see you in this GB!!

Well I see some great work going on in here. My next door neighbor just dropped off 2 models he thought he wanted to build, but upon opening the boxes he decided it was above him,which I dont agree with as they are pretty basic kits. So to make a long story short he asked if I would build them for him and I said sure. So I have every intention of building my Ki-84 for this community build but first I am gonna build these 2 for him first since he just wants out of the box builds,they should go fairly quickly since I have built them before. I will be posting these builds as I go along here since they fall in the "everything else" category. I hope to get a start tomorrow night.

IMG_1025_zps18463d52.jpg

Cool Jim! Looks like you ended up with a Luftwaffe bird after all!! LOL. Those 109s turn out pretty decent. There's a build of one of those going on right here by another friend of mine:http://spamodeler.proboards.com/thread/193/48-revell-bf-109g-10?page=6#page=1

I'll get your entry changed right away bud..

Edited by mustang1989

Almost forgot to post some pics of the cockpit. This is a mixture of Tamiya (the seat) Aires, the cockpit tub and Iinstrument panel base pieces and Eduard (all PE panels and knobs , pedals, belts and the control stick).

c183d87c-2df7-4876-9a0b-10bbf69aa1fc_zps

and a litte further along..........

cb6e0a2d-9f9d-4539-bcaf-5bdb5cac7a7f_zps

and another. Actually its my least favorite because its a little out of focus.

1eb803b3-85fb-4208-8d96-4e18a860bfa0_zps

Joe the pits looking good. It makes me think I wouldn't want to be squeezed in there for real. Fun to fly though.

Here's some more progress. I built the turret interior as it needs to be finished before I button her up. No desert tank at rest kept the hatches closed for any period of time due to the heat.

DSCF4776_zpsc1e68911.jpg

DSCF4775_zps1d7b5c70.jpg

DSCF4773_zpsd5793806.jpg

DSCF4777_zps5604b400.jpg

All the vision blocks were seperate pieces molded in clear plastic. I tinted them all with a mix of Tamiya Clear Green and Blue, mounted them and used liquid mask. Primer first then a coat of MM Acryl Panzer Buff. MM Acryl is a good paint but requires primer to adhere well.

This is my testing of color mixes. I attempted to match RAL 7027 and RAL 8020 with MM Acryl.

DSCF4778_zps70c4d869.jpg

The swatches on the left above and between the "DT" and "NB" are my final mixes.

G