Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is a Tamiya kit. Almost a toy, its motorized, 4 wheel drive. It comes with a "bumper" to protect it. The labels are stickers, so I didn't use them. Its supposed to be a military themed vehicle, and is actually a miniature version of one of their RC cars. They also made a Samurai/Jimny and Baja Bug in this style, but I think those are OOP.

All in all, a fun, simple kit but with good detail for what it is. The scale is 1/32 but "charicaturized" like Dave Deals kits.

102_2378_zps438b4a6b.jpg

102_2377_zpsf6b55b7e.jpg

102_2375_zpsd50b27f0.jpg

102_2374_zpsdcb6b5a0.jpg

102_2373_zps5e53a177.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

• 3 weeks later...

Built one of these some time ago..

remember filling the spare with lead for traction

and making the driver loose in the seat..got tossed around like crazy.

Never threw paint on mine tho..the red paint and wash Rocks

Thanks for sharing...might have to dig mine up.

I bought it intending to paint it like the box art, but it comes with a sicker sheet, instead of decals. I'm not using stickers on a model, so I went with a different color.

I just got Revell's snaptite Humvee, since its the only way to get it in 1/24, and it comes with stickers, too. Is this the current trend? how are kids going to learn how to apply decals if you give them stickers?

• 1 year later...

I bought it intending to paint it like the box art, but it comes with a sicker sheet, instead of decals. I'm not using stickers on a model, so I went with a different color.

I just got Revell's snaptite Humvee, since its the only way to get it in 1/24, and it comes with stickers, too. Is this the current trend? how are kids going to learn how to apply decals if you give them stickers?

Current trend? They've been doing it since the early '90's- the original Revell Caprice cop car had stickers instead of decals. I have no idea why- I personally find waterslide decals to be easier (and more forgiving) to apply, not to mention more realistic. I just can't follow Revell's way of thinking on including sticker graphics on snap kits.